You can type here any text you want

Pinstripe on Grand Nationals?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pablo

My buddy claims that pinstripes were a factory option on Grand Nationals. His proof? He owned a grand national that had a gold pinstripe lol

Please tell me GNs never came with a pinstripe

He may have had the Pep Boys option. :eek:

I bet he also had the mudflaps and curb feelers that came standard.

True story.

Pin stripes were a factory option. :cool:

Body side stripes as called for in the sales literature.

The guy who tinted my windows in 1988 did a double pinstripe on my WE4, silver and blue tape, doesn't look bad in a sea of black TR's. :cool:

Excepting the missing parts from the accidents. :eek: :p

Mudflaps from the GM dealerships that said Buick on them work just fine as well. :)

True story.

Nooooooo

I need you to show me some kind of proof... RPO code perhaps

You sure they were an option on GNs? T types and t's i can understand... but GNs?

I can't be proven wrong like this now after I ridiculed him :p

True story.

I don't think you'll be able to show us an RPO code for pin stripes. Body molding, yes. Pin stripes, no.

There was no such factory option on GN's. They were however added at a LOT of dealerships immediately after delivery.

Pin Stirpes

Pin Stripes were commonly added at the dealer at the time of sale.

Commonly reffered to as "dealer ad-on's"

Some people think its a factory option, because the dealer put it on. Wrong.;)

No decals or stripes on the GN. Well one GN. The 1982 GN. Just pick up any of the Stephen Dove Facts&Figures books and you'll see the truth.

While we are on the subject of pinstripes, I saw a T that had pinstrips on it and the rear of the stripe ended in a small Power 6 logo with flames. It was really cool. Anyone know who makes them and if they are still available?

Please make it stop. I have seen many with pinstripes. My favorite was one with orange stripes. I mean eeeeeewwwwww. Never will happen I one I own.

As others have said, it's not a "factory" option but is commonly added at the dealership before delivery to a customer. So it's not quite factory but not quite aftermarket either, somewhere in between.

A few summers ago when I was still in the market for a GN I found a local one that had a red pin stripe on it.

It was a $50 option at Star Buick back in 86, never saw a GN have it done factory....

My 86 came off the assembly line with 22" bling rims, Dashboard rug, and a chain steering wheel.......:D

I just had a wild vision. What if Buick made a SE Turbo Regal. Yeah you know like what Pontiac did with the 76-81 Trans Am. Black with gold pinstripes? I own a 75 Cosworth Vega which beat the TA/SE by one year. The real inspiration for the black with gold stripes came from the Lotus Formula 1 cars when the John Player tobacco company sponsored the teams. Back when Mario Andretti could really drive a race car. I think these two models were the epitome of disco era tackiness. Kind of excessive but tastefully done if you get my drift.

Really if I wanted stripes and decals I would have kept my 85 MCSS or even my 78 ElCamino Black Knight and 79 ElCamino SS.:rolleyes:

My 86 came off the assembly line with 22" bling rims, Dashboard rug, and a chain steering wheel.......:D

thought about the chain-link wheel, but the bobbing-head dog for the rear shelf was less $$ and helped the resale value more.....

Back