Pioneer DEH-P47DH pics

toomanymodz

I had this stereo sitting in a drawer for a few years and decided to install it. Originally I had it in my 96 Grand Cherokee and removed it when I sold the vehicle years ago.

I really like the look of this unit, especially since it's a DIN 1.5, where pretty much all systems these days are either a DIN or a 2X DIN.

Some minor trimming of the plastic 'flange' was needed but other than that, it was a direct install. I used the factory brackets from the original stereo and it bolted right in.

IMG_2169.jpgIMG_2168.jpg

I got one of those bad boys with a remote control. it's old school badass.

I got one too. The radio reception for me sucks. We got plenty of close stations so it should be great but not for me.:oops: Yes the antenna is plugged in. CD is nice.

Yeah, FM sensitivity isn't that great. I remember the Clarion head units had the best FM reception. I mostly use CD's anyway. I do wish it had an Aux jack for an MP3 player/Ipod.

When I was looking for a radio, the reviews gave this a good rating even for the radio. That is what swayed me to this model. They lied.

I am old school and like having a real 'radio' but must admit that the sound of mp3's and satellite radio is really getting me to change my mind. I really think it will be a matter of time before all radio is Internet based.

ive got the same radio and have sirius run through it..no external signs that i have satellite other than flat antenna on filler panel between rear glass and trunk lid..i love it

Yeah, FM sensitivity isn't that great. I remember the Clarion head units had the best FM reception. I mostly use CD's anyway. I do wish it had an Aux jack for an MP3 player/Ipod.

so out of curiousity i looked into this unit and it appears the aux input was an optional feature, so I'm guessing yours doesn't have that option. If it does have aux rca input in the back you could just get the rca to headphone jack cord and be good to go with any type of mp3 player.

this is the cord
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13242132

Sine you can't do that you could always get a transmitter jack. Just tune to a frequency of your choice and broadcast your mp3 through the radio.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3826373#inTheBox

toomanymodz said:
I had this stereo sitting in a drawer for a few years and decided to install it. Originally I had it in my 96 Grand Cherokee and removed it when I sold the vehicle years ago.

I really like the look of this unit, especially since it's a DIN 1.5, where pretty much all systems these days are either a DIN or a 2X DIN.

Some minor trimming of the plastic 'flange' was needed but other than that, it was a direct install. I used the factory brackets from the original stereo and it bolted right in.

Looks cool, very up to date. By the way were did you get the nice little tach from?

Thanks Joe

The tach came with the car. It has a recall function with a master key. I don't think they make them anymore.

I have a Pioneer with the CD changer input in the back - bought a cable off ebay and can not play my phone or anything through the headunit.

I tried to.hook up.my dash speakers but there seems to only be spots for the rears and the doors...any way to hook these up?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app