Pistons

Oh any other machine shops in the south Houston area? Im talking to Owens racing in Pearland Tx (sorry not a vendor but I'm looking!!!:redface: ) Thanks Jon Hanson

personally I like Keeland Automotive Machine in Bellaire. Kleat (shop owner) has done a bunch of local TR motors, though he's not a "buick" shop. He is a high perf shop, does a lot of roundy-round motors. On the Houston Motorsports Park website he's listed as the "Official ASA Certified Crate Engine Rebuilder for the Southern States". Don't know if that really means anything, but it sure sounds impressive :) Anyway, I like him, he seems to do good work, and I've always thought his prices were very fair. Last time I went to HRP with the club I think there were 5 guys who had engines built by him. When he was working on mine last year there were two others in the shop besides mine.

Keeland Automotive Machine
4233 Bellaire Blvd Ste. A
Bellaire, TX

It's kinda behind the Little Woodrows that's at the intersection of Bellaire blvd and the rail road tracks, a few blocks inside the loop, if you know where that is.

John

Oh, BTW, I got a set of Wiseco's for my engine. I thought the price of set of these from Summit was pretty darn good - pistons + rings, 0.020 or 0.030 over, for $440. Kleat bushed my rods to convert them to floating pins, though I'm not sure that is absolutely required. I seem to remember that he didn't charge all that much for it. He thought it was a good idea to do that, and I went with his recommendation.

John