You can type here any text you want

pistons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
Weisco has 2 different pistons available in stock stroke,
With a stock block height what sort of issues would I run into using 1.860 Comp Ht. over the stock 1.825.
This block is a low mileage NA 109 1987 cutlass I will have the block height measured before I order.
Found 9.522 as the stock height as a reference that would put them pretty much flush with the deck .002 below :P

I thought you needed to be at least .035 in the hole with .040 preferred, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Head gasket compressed thickness needs to be in the calculation. I believe .040 HG compressed @ 0 deck height is the minimum most run.

0.040" Cometics with sealant compress to right at 0.036/0.037". Pretty much the minimum squish.

so if depending on my block height with stock felpro gaskets .060 I should be good?
I want bump the compression a little bit on this motor with out decking the block or shaving the heads.
What are the pit falls running things this tight.

Last edited:
Weisco has 2 different pistons available in stock stroke,
With a stock block height what sort of issues would I run into using 1.860 Comp Ht. over the stock 1.825.
This block is a low mileage NA 109 1987 cutlass I will have the block height measured before I order.
Found 9.522 as the stock height as a reference that would put them pretty much flush with the deck .002 below :p

I would use the PT040A2 with 1.825 comp height for your build. It is a much better choice over the PT120A2. The piston will be out of the hole with them after milling the deck.

Last edited:
Back