PL File Still Knocking @ low boost

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Ive been chasing this issue for awhile and now Im stuck as to why this car is still knocking at such a low boost setting 14#. Sometimes the KR spikes leading me to think its false (frame 1604,1711,1722). But sometimes it climbs indicating real knock (frame 1842). I have a Narrow band 02, TT 5.6 for 91 octane, and a 2 bar MAP sensor. If you wanna check it out set the PL to 2 bar MAP. I was in and out of the throttle for obvious reasons. The runs show my TPS a little under WOT but it will go to 4.32 volts if I mash the pedal hard. Heres a few things Ive done over the last few weeks. Mods in sig.

New plugs Delco AC CR43TS
FP is at 43 line off and verified FP raising 1:1 with boost
Fixed drivers side exhaust manifold
Installed a new coil
Installed a new FPR
Threw 20% WOT fuel at it thru the chip
Reduce 3/4 timing by 2 degrees
Installed a torque strap

Attachments

• knock 5.zip
    167.1 KB · Views: 41
Looks like your MAF tops out. Needs to go to 255. Start there Look at KR vs. MAF vs. boost on the graph page

Looks like your MAF tops out. Needs to go to 255. Start there Look at KR vs. MAF vs. boost on the graph page

Makes sense...I never noticed the MAF flatlining like that @ 190. Now that you brought that to my attention I went back and looked at certain times when it didnt knock at all and I got a clean run. The MAF sensor did go over 190 on a few occasions and it didnt knock when it did. The MAF sensor is from A*Zone....Im gonna replace it and see if thats that prob.

Makes sense...I never noticed the MAF flatlining like that @ 190. Now that you brought that to my attention I went back and looked at certain times when it didnt knock at all and I got a clean run. The MAF sensor did go over 190 on a few occasions and it didnt knock when it did. The MAF sensor is from A*Zone....Im gonna replace it and see if thats that prob.

Try to get a translator and LT1, LS1, or similar sensor. I played the find a good reman or orignal sensor a few times one summer...:eek:

Attachments

• 675A0124.jpg
    675A0124.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 91