You can type here any text you want

Placement of Power logger O2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

Good Morning Guys,

What is the best place to weld in the o2 bud for the power logger? Would it be next to the fire wall under the hood or near the dump under the car?

This is where I put mine-

100_0333.jpg
100_0334.jpg

I have the plx and where mine is as well...the instructions say at least 36" from engine on turbocharged applications.

You don't want to place the bung in the lower 180 degrees of the pipe. Water droplets in the exhaust (condensation) can hit the sensor and cause damage due to thermal shock (cracking).

You don't want to place the bung in the lower 180 degrees of the pipe. Water droplets in the exhaust (condensation) can hit the sensor and cause damage due to thermal shock (cracking).

So what you are saying in the place that turbodave has it is not good? If so what's the bet place

I believe Dave is simply stating the o2 bung orientation should be between 9 O'clock & the 3 O'clock position on the DP. If you are 4 O'clock thru 8 O'clock orientation, condensation could be a problem with the O2 sensor.

do any of you guys use the AFX wide band system? I'm thinking of getting one real soon was goin to mount the sensor at 12 o clock at bend closest to firewall and run the leads thru behind glove box.

I believe Dave is simply stating the o2 bung orientation should be between 9 O'clock & the 3 O'clock position on the DP. If you are 4 O'clock thru 8 O'clock orientation, condensation could be a problem with the O2 sensor.
So up to next to the fire wall it better? An at the 3 o'clock spot.

I think what he is say is, if I had placed my sensor in the lower part of the pipe (4 - 8 o'clock) like the area I have circled, it would see condensation running down the bottom of the pipe in that area.

100_0334_1.jpg

Yes, The sensor should not go in the bottom half of the pipe. 9 to 3 O'clock position is fine. In the recent past, GM had big O2 problem on late model trucks due to the position of the sensor. Condensation was hitting the sensor, causing thermal shock and cracking the ceramic body. It can still happen if the sensor is located in the 9 to 3 range, but the chances decrease. Problem is worse on cold start with a preheated sensor......more condensation. WBO2's are easily damaged.

Dave

Back