Plant from trimmings.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Brought some trimming from Hawaii to Turkey. The weather is roughly like northern California. Starting to get cool....cold. should not get below freezing. Maybe a few days over the winter. The trimmings ar Ti leave plant and plumeria. Both are sold in plastic bags made to travel. Any advice what I can do with these? Not very good at gardening. The turbo buick scene is pretty thin around here.

Frost is the killer for blooming plants. Evergreens and established perennials are normally not susceptible though. Plants can handle the cold, just not the freezing. I would create a little hothouse or a window box and grow them through the winter until you can get above 60 degrees consistently. Then baby them for the rest of the year and they should establish well. Miracle Gro or Peters Plant Food is good.

Not really sure what you are working with but my wife does what she calls "rooting" all the time with all kinds of cuttings. She will stick em down the bottle neck into water. We have em all over the place. I also grow some hydroponic greens in rain down spouts(those white things there in the pic). We use some chemicals for good growth and have some she might use if she cant get the thing to root. Makes for some great salads and I guess it is healthy too.

Plants need light, they need food(water, chemicals, soil) and they don't like to be frozen. Not rocket science but with all the crap that gets sold you would think it is.

Attachments

• WP_20181117_07_14_10_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20181117_07_14_10_Pro[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • WP_20181117_07_14_28_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20181117_07_14_28_Pro[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • WP_20181117_07_14_37_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20181117_07_14_37_Pro[1].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • WP_20181117_07_14_42_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20181117_07_14_42_Pro[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 35
Well I do know Plumeria very well my wife keeps them going every year and we live in a cold climate of Southeastern PA. They need to be planted you should have one shoot from another plant. With no roots put it in a planted 8”pot with some good potting soil. Give it some water if your in a warm climate 70 degrees or more put it outside. They don’t like cold under 65 and definitely no frost. Since we have winter here already plants are inside and staying dormant over the winter. The leaves fall off but then in early summer back outside they go and everything will grow back. Give it some tropical plant food and should bloom for you by next year. After the plant has been established for a couple years it will start forming another shoot. These can be cut off right at the branch out. Stick it in a pot and you will have another plant growing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I do know Plumeria very well my wife keeps them going every year and we live in a cold climate of Southeastern PA. They need to be planted you should have one shoot from another plant. With no roots put it in a planted 8”pot with some good potting soil. Give it some water if your in a warm climate 70 degrees or more put it outside. They don’t like cold under 65 and definitely no frost. Since we have winter here already plants are inside and staying dormant over the winter. The leaves fall off but then in early summer back outside they go and everything will grow back. Give it some tropical plant food and should bloom for you by next year. After the plant has been established for a couple years it will start forming another shoot. These can be cut off right at the branch out. Stick it in a pot and you will have another plant growing!

Thanks. I have a 12" branch. No roots.just cut. So stick it in a pot with good soil and ...... will it grow at all in the house? Or just stay dormant till spring?

Yep throw it in a pot with soil and leave it alone. If it’s too cold leave it in the house til it’s warm enough outside. Give it a little water for the most part leave it alone and it will take off on its own. Really only needs water during growing season. When dormant we only water it like once a month. If you have good sun inside it might start growing also.