Plastidip Front Blinkers

TurboBrian

I'd say it turned out pretty we'll... What's your thoughts?
qe3e4y2y.jpg

I have used plasti dip on some stuff on my other car. It is a great product, just have to take your time with it if you want it too look smooth.

They do make covers for those that look pretty nice. I can't tell much from the photo, close up? or maybe a shot of them on to really tell?

I am all for the blackout look though.

Looks good blacked out, but I assume using the plasti dip that they are 100% blacked out with no light shining through when running lights/turn sigs are on?

Looks good blacked out, but I assume using the plasti dip that they are 100% blacked out with no light shining through when running lights/turn sigs are on?
You would think so! But no... For some reason the running lights and stuff won't come on so I can take a picture for you... Tried checking the fuses and didn't find anything but the headlights still cut on

I have used plasti dip on some stuff on my other car. It is a great product, just have to take your time with it if you want it too look smooth.

They do make covers for those that look pretty nice. I can't tell much from the photo, close up? or maybe a shot of them on to really tell?

I am all for the blackout look though.
Yeah just don't have the $$$$ for covers right now and had some dip layin around and thought might as we'll try it!

Yeah just don't have the $$$$ for covers right now and had some dip layin around and thought might as we'll try it!

I totally understand lol! They do make a transparent plasti-dip for "tint" now if you wanted to try that some time.

And that is why I love plasti-dip, you can actually try stuff and if it doesn't work, just peal it off!

Just freshened-up the grey cladding on my Aztek:alien: w/ Plasti-dip looks brand new!
I've got 2 different shades of grey & some black; thinkin' of stuff on/in the G/N I could use it on.
Thank God its pretty much idiot-proof:bored:

Do_O

What i did was put a screen over the lens and blast it with some black paint. Sounds stupid but it lets a good amount of light thru and from 20 ft its got the look

Looks good. I got my covers for about 10 dollars. Curious about the light out put though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1404711053231.jpg
    1404711053231.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 149
eta9e7yn.jpg
sorry for the late reply but I would say the running lights you couldn't see going down the road but the blinkers are a little brighter, they are visible... I also put on a heavier couple coats than I should have but I like the look a ton better!

Just my opinion...I'm all good with modding, but I actually think you can have too much black. I've seen the GNs with headlight covers, tinted markers & taillights, etc...but I actually love how the GN looks when you're driving at twilight or dusk with just the sinister orange park lights turned on. I actually like how the headlights look like deep-set, sunken evil eyes; with headlight covers on, the GN doesn't have that same nasty, sneering grimace. Again, just my 2 cents. :)

Does anybody remember the old movie, The Car? I fell in love with that car when I was a kid, and perhaps it's no coincidence I ended up falling in love with the GN too. You can see the similarities, even though The Car only has single headlights...there's that same deep-set evil eyes look:

gd-thecar_972614gm-f.jpg

Last edited: