You can type here any text you want

Play in rf wheel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
Jacked up car to change oil. Grabbed rf wheel at 9 and 3 position. There is a little play. None when I grab it at 12 and 6. Is this a loose bearing and is some play acceptable? The LF wheel was tighter.

Top control arm bushing moving? The downpipe can cook that top, back position control arm bushing. Can someone else wiggle it for you and you can look from the top side down at the control arm to see if it's moving? Sometimes it will even clunk when you turn if it gets bad enough.

Idler arm,tie rod inner/outer,wheel bearing. Both wheels off ground loose part should wiggle as u move wheel.

Had a neighbor come over. He moved the wheel while we looked for anything loose. Everything appeared tight although the downpipe blocked the view of the rear a arm bushing. So we think it's the wheel bearing. A arm bushings were replaced 7 years ago. I can't remember ever replacing the bearings. Maybe the prior owner did.

If it hasn't been done in a while it may be a good idea to inspect clean and repack the bearings.

"Grabbed rf wheel at 9 and 3 position. There is a little play. None when I grab it at 12 and 6."
If it's a brg, it would be loose in both directions.

Back