Played around on the waterjet today, trying to get a friggin cupholder, lol...

6LE Designs

It is driving me nuts daily driving this thing with no cup holder. I'm not a fan of the huge add on consoles with cupholders either. So, I decided I'd replace my shift plate with a solid piece of aluminum so I could cut a hole (where the ashtray is) and drop a cupholder in...

Here's the first try...

I need to move the hole back 1/4" (didn't realize where I had it the cupholder won't go all the way in because it hits the shifter) and not sure if I like what I did with the shift pattern.

Right now, it is just waterjet cut out 12D, etc... This way it still lights up. I am going to change it to 1234 N R P (just because the D and over drive look weird to me) OR cut it out completely and glue the factory plate back on.

Also haven't decided if I want to finish it by just brushing the aluminum (to match my steering wheel) or get it powdercoated in a grey that matches the interior.

Cupholder is a stainless steel piece I got off ebay. Two holes on either side of it hold it in place reusing the holes from the under the ash tray screws...

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• GN Cup Holder.jpg
    GN Cup Holder.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 108
Oh, I took a hammer to the cupholder tonight (at Bob's Big Boy actually, lol) just to get it in there to see how it would look. I have to cut a new plate with the hole further back and I have extra cupholders so I took a hammer to it just so I could get a feel for how it would look dropped in.

Looks pro.
I'd do it in brushed to match the steering wheel.

Mike B.