You can type here any text you want

PLEASE HELP! GTA wheels question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bawazir

Hi guys just bought me some 16in 4 front GTA wheels out of a trans am, I need them installed on my 84 el camino, I am running drums brakes on the rear,,

What do i need to make them fit? :confused:
do i need a longer stud on all 4?
do i need to buy any spacer on all 4 ?
and what size tire you guys recommend ?
I really hate the idea using spacer, but i would like to see what is all your opinion on this?
PLEASE HELP! :(

Thank you guys,

:frown:

They will bolt up with no problem. Here's tire size suggestions. 255-50 16 on the rear, and 225 or 215 60 16 on the fronts. If you want them out further on the rear, go for 2 7/16" universal spacers. Buy some 1.5" studs from Amazon for about $1.25 each.

Just read the friggin sticky dude. It has all the info you need and then some.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/200426-info-gta-wheels.html

Everything nobody wanted to know about dimples. :p

They will bolt up with no problem. Here's tire size suggestions. 255-50 16 on the rear, and 225 or 215 60 16 on the fronts. If you want them out further on the rear, go for 2 7/16" universal spacers. Buy some 1.5" studs from Amazon for about $1.25 each.

Finally! some real info, really appreciated,
Ok if i want them sticking out a little, should i buy spacer for the front wheels as well ?
and can i do Wheel alignment with spacer?
i am thinking 245 50 16 on the front would that be an issue?? i would like to stay same hight all around

I thank you sir

what size tires

what is widest size tires i could go with on the rear & front? i lwould like to stay same height all around

thanks

bawizar,
I see that you are new to this site and that you have an 84 ElCamino. Just bear in mind that all our experiences are with the Regal body/frame. I'm not sure what the differences are with the wheel well, wheel molding, etc. on the ElCamino. Everyone here wants their wheels tucked in so there is no rubbing of the wheel and the fender lip trim. FWIW, I ran 245-50-16 Goodyear GSC's on the front and 255-50-16 Nitto Drag Radials in the rear of my 84GN. Why do you want to space them out?
Conrad

I'd use 245/50/16s in the front, & 255/50/16's in the back. Or you could use 245's all the way around. Shouldn't even come close to rubbing. I've used M&H Drag Radials 275/55/16 on my GN with GTA fronts & it works fine. I used to have an elcamino & ran Torque Thrusts 17x7's front, 17x8's rear. Had 225/45/17's on the front, 275/50/17's on the back, the 17x8's had a 4" backspace, clearance between the frame & tire was OK, but I had to roll the lip on the wheel just because of the larger diameter tire.

CORRECTION: Make that 2" studs.:redface:

GTA wheels are DONE! ,
Check it out guys got them done for $400 out of the door deal, Paul at Wheels of America gave me a deal, there were originally asking $600 but he gave me $200 discount since i was cool guy with a cool car :mrgreen: , that price included the bent fixing , removing paint , sand blasting , powder coating polishing the lip, and FREE SHIPPING! :shock: , but since there company was 5 miles a way from my home, i went ahead pick them up my self. :mrgreen:
All i have to say that Wheels of America are top company who stand up behind there word. I got all those done in 3 days. here is a link of there website
: Wheels]Wheels America America

Before pics:
IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

After pics:
IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

I had the back side powder coated as well :D

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

I was urprised that there GM but Japan made: :shock:
IMG_0462.jpg

Those turned out really nice. I don't think I'd go wider than 255 on the rear.

Just like to correct my suggestion of 1.5" lug studs with the 7/16" universal spacers. I meant to say 2" studs. 1.5" is the stock length. By the way, wheels look great!

Back