You can type here any text you want

Please help identify this chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackbuick87

This is the chip that was in my car when I bought it. All I can tell is it is a 93 octane perf chip. Any ideas who makes it?

Attachments

• dcp_0081.jpg
    dcp_0081.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 137
It is a Red Armstrong chip. I can't make out the numbers.
In the centre what does it say? R...?

Paul

He's one of the best. His # is on my Tech Page in my sig. You should give him a call and see how old it is and what programming is in it.

Regards
ks

I agree with KEVINS, Red has been around for a long time. You are right about it being a 93 octane chip.
Just in case you didn't know, you will need to upgrade your fuel system (307 or 340 pump, 237 or adjustable fuel pressure regulator, hot wire kit) and get some sort of scan tool and knock detector if you want to use that chip (or any other aftermarket chip) safely.

Paul

Thanks Sleeper. Already have the fuel pump but I dont think it is hotwired. Where do you usually run the wires? I think read here somewhere through the trunk? I was looking at the car last night and did not see any wires going directly back there

I ordered a Scanmaster yesterday so thats on the way:)

Still need the pressure regulator.

Thanks for the phone number Kevin, I called Red Armstrong and talked to one of his employees and he told me its a 17psi chip designed to run at 43psi idling fuel pressure. Also needs a 160 thermo.
Now if I can just get this baby hotwired...

blackbuick87
I can't help you with the wire routing, my car is an hybrid so things are very different for me. I do know that Jack ot Racetronix make a beautiful plug and play hot wire kit. He has a banner add on this site, have a look and see what you think.

Paul

Back