You can type here any text you want

please help!

• Thread starter Thread starter 87fiero
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87fiero

Hello guys,

The nightmare I am having is that when I stall the car and then WOT the car takes off and all of a sudden cuts off. It feels like if the car completely shut off. I am running DS and after recording several runs with the same problem I noticed that when the car dies, it really does die. IN scope mode it shows all the values and voltages of everything at zero. Everything tps, mph, O2's, timing advance. I noticed that the battery voltage during the runs was around 13.2. In thinking it might be the alternator i removed it and bought a 150 amp impala alt and also a new battery to be safe. Then ran the car again and same thing. The spike seems to happen at higher rpm mainly when I launch from a stall. If I get on it on the highway I haven't seen this happen. I have a tie down strap on it so I asume the engine does not move. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance Mario Garza
87 fiero

Yeap, I'll bet one of the ground wire eyelets on the back of the head(area) is broken.

I had this exact same problem, and in my case it was as simple as pulling the ds connector out of the ecm, and shimming it out a touch with a piece of cardboard. (although it took 2 months to figure out)

Back