You can type here any text you want

Please send a Rear End Re-build Link

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

Looking to replace all bearings and races and seals in a stock Rear end 10 bolt posi rear. I have the rebuild kit already just need to know the steps, torques, tolerances etc etc. Probably Gnttype.org will have something.

Thanks in advance!

I have changed gears and rebuilt several 8.5 gm rear differentials. I do not have the specs handy but you could try truck forums because 1500 Chevy trucks share the 8.5 rear ends. Are you going to replace the carrier bearings too.

Yes everything
I had found a basic video. It is a firebird 7.5 but the process is the same. There is several tools needed to make easy. Bearing puller, Bearing installer, Dial indicator , I small inch pound torque wrench with a dial face. a cheap press helps a lot also. If you were closer I would loan the GM dealer differential and ring and pinion installation tools I bought from a retiring service tech.

I have everything but the ring and pinion installation tool. I'll search some videos.

Back