You can type here any text you want

Please take a look at this cam wear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 WE2

I have this stock cam pulled from a running engine with no issues other then the wear pictured below. Looking to reuse it, anyone see any issues with using it that I am not? I'm debating weather to bother my engine builder about it or not.

P1010095.jpg

P1010096.jpg

P1010097.jpg

Look at the bottoms of the lifters. They should be slightly convex. Personally, I never re-use a cam. If you decide to re-use it, be sure that each lifter goes back onto the lobe from which it came from.

The cam thrust can easily be faced off in a lathe. I'd be more concerned about the front of the block since it's softer than the cam

Block surface had minor wear but it's not going back in that motor. This car its going into is just a stock street/show car no need for anything more then a stock cam since it will never see the track. Lobes and lifters are perfect, all lifters bagged and labeled when I removed it. I guess I'll take it to the machine shop and see if he is willing to turn it for me if not I'll go to a 206/206

Here's the pics of the block this cam came out of
P1010098.jpg

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Looks like the thrust surface on the cam is cut a little untrue....use it...it wont hurt anything. Like already stated, put the lifters back on the lobes they came from or use new lifters.

Back