Pleased with E85 so far. Two weeks on it with brand new build

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I am very pleased with the results so far. I have not paid any more than 1.99$ per gallon. I am not concentrated on cost, but man filling up today for $1.79 is sure a cherry on top for the results that I have already experienced. I have been pretty heavy in the throttle. Nothing stupid...highway cruise, short burst, in town driving, fine tuning bugs idling in garage etc. This last fill up was 150 miles for 11 gallon. No knock, performance is great, idle is perfect. I have yet to see a fill where I am below 85%. I am contemplating selling off the Alky kit. I have plenty of stations around my work as well as at the house. I only fear not having the alky when I would need to introduce 93 if going to an event. Sure am glad I took the step.

Attachments

• 20160603_114520_resized.jpg
    20160603_114520_resized.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 181
It seems as though there's always talk about the smell anytime E85 is mentioned. So what does it smell like? Is it really that different???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold mine, will never go back

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Me three! TT/Ameasap runs E85 too but sprays alky too to as a liquid cooler. If I remember right he sets the knob to 1 or something. He has a great write up and data on it. Maybe he'll throw up the link.
Still sold my alky kit though as I haven't been to a track yet. I just like to have the power on tap. You know.....for merging in traffic.....

It seems as though there's always talk about the smell anytime E85 is mentioned. So what does it smell like? Is it really that different???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It smells like rum because that's what it is.

I run e85, i might add alky. Im really trying to go fast with my set up lol

Well I am at the point where I am out of straight roads! Was only able to get the car into the straights at 109 mph. Here are some readings off the fast data logs. Before I pushed the car I wanted to get a re-torque on the heads and about 500 break in miles. Now it is getting to be time to see what it is made of. I will still wait for Cal to get the boost in the 20's and for him to fine tune it. One hell of a build, and man is E85 fun shit.

max 17 lb boost tps 75%, had more throttle, just ran out of road.
Need to dial the wastegate and MBC in little more. Little tire squeal at 45mph getting into the throttle. If I push more boost it may just lite up the tires
Was at 4500 rpm at 75% tps
Intake temp 103*, ambient air 80* at 17lb boost

I am still trying to learn about the timing. I need a strip to get a good reading of what the logs are trying to tell me. It appears mid 20's in the throttle building boost.

Absolutely no, none, zilch, nadda .......knock.

The pull is progressive, aggressive, steady, loud, turbo sounds great.