You can type here any text you want

Plenum Spacer and Power Plate Q

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
i want to run a plenum spacer and a power plate what goes where? the plenum goes above the power plate or vice versa? Lastly would i need to buy 3 intake gaskets?

One goes on the shelf and one goes in the car, you decide which one you want in the car. The Power plate isn't designed to be run with a spacer.

David
87GN

the plate is designed to equalize the plenum shape , so if both the plate has to be on the top of the spacer , and yes it would need three gaskets and longer bolts

but from the maker of the plate he has FAQs on the powerplate
http://www.rjcracing.com/product/power-plates70mm-tbplenums/power-plate-faqs/

and in that list
Q6. Can I run my plenum spacer with a plate?
Because of the wide assortment of spacers available to us it would be impassable for me to test each and every thickness of spacer. The spacer does affect the how the air flows through the plate so the flow distribution is hard to predict. In other words, not if you want it to work properly.

the plate is designed to equalize the plenum shape , so if both the plate has to be on the top of the spacer , and yes it would need three gaskets and longer bolts

but from the maker of the plate he has FAQs on the powerplate
Power Plate FAQs | RJC Racing

and in that list
Q6. Can I run my plenum spacer with a plate?
Because of the wide assortment of spacers available to us it would be impassable for me to test each and every thickness of spacer. The spacer does affect the how the air flows through the plate so the flow distribution is hard to predict. In other words, not if you want it to work properly.

Question on the spacer and the power plate ,Dont you what the power plate on top of the intake and the 1" spacer or 1/2" spacer on top of the power plate,because the power plate would still equal the air flow in to the cylinders with the spacer on top because of the volume of air being force in,Because i have mine set up that way on my stage II motor. Like to know more on this thanks,maybe i have mine wrong on the set up.

Question on the spacer and the power plate ,Dont you what the power plate on top of the intake and the 1" spacer or 1/2" spacer on top of the power plate,because the power plate would still equal the air flow in to the cylinders with the spacer on top because of the volume of air being force in,Because i have mine set up that way on my stage II motor. Like to know more on this thanks,maybe i have mine wrong on the set up.
I don't know shipt now that thats out of the way.

From what i have read the/each PP is designed to work with a specific dog house.
OE dog house uses a specific PP, brand X dog house uses a different specific PP designed for it.
Looking at that info would lead you to believe that any change ABOVE the PP would have to equal a change to the PP.

Afraid to assume here But i would also assume that making changes after the PP would also effect how the flow is distributed.

u
if you put the plate at bottom the spacer changes the plenum so the R+D on using the plate to fix the plenum distribution goes out the window

I installed mine, "assuming" the design was to properly distribute the air entering the lower manifold. The spacer above just allows for more volume and helps to straighten out(less turulance) the airs approach thru the plate. Installing the p/p above the spacer, removes it from the original design plane(the mouth of the lower manifold) and may change the intended distribution, how be it ever so slightly. So I installed my spacer above.

there are several different plenums and each has its own unique plate,
stock has its own , kb/accufab another and precision another .

the plate is to fix the plenum not the intake.

by adding the spacer above the plate you changed the plenum ,
so how can you expect the plate to work as designed

Jason's design creates a working relationship between the lower manifold and the dog house for proper distribution into the cylinders, this from the mouth of the lower int. The redistribution of air volume at any given cyl., is made by the plate's location in relation to the l/int. Raising the p/p will change the characteristics of the designed plate by changing the volume and maybe the velocity of the approaching air stream. Increasing the volume above the p/p will do nothing to the performance of the plate except increase the volume of the available charged air.
I have this set-up on my stock c.i. eng. I also have a p/p for my champion alum int. on the stroker, but I don't use it, only the spacer.

Back