You can type here any text you want

Plug Wires ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Could I get some help on some wires , I have been told the less ohms per ft the better , I just bought a set of MSD 8.5 . I have read about MSD 8.5 Russ Merrit wires , Are they the same wires just fitted better ? Thanks in advance for the info , Thanks Keith

MSD 8.5mm wires are MSD 8.5mm wires.... Russ Merritt just custom cuts them and assembles for Turbo Buicks. Fwiw - I think they are great wires and run them on my car. They are advertised as 50 ohms per foot resistance and I have verified with a multimeter. I actually made mine myself for my setup but there are a few vendors that sell Black kits for stock ignition and I believe MSD has a kit with red wires readily available online.
Hth -aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In 30 years fighting GN spark wires, the MSD's are by far my favorite, and Russ is one of my favorite persons here on the board!

DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0223.JPG
I've used MSD 8.5 mm red spark plug wires since 1992 on my '69 Vette....I cut mine own to length, crimped on the clips, etc. and made my own wire looms.....still no problems ever to this day....love them...easy to clean them with Spray Nine and a cloth.....IMHO they are just the best around. The original wiring was routed underneath chrome shields on the engine, could not be seen.....I wanted these wires to seen and to be able to check them often. Looks cool all set up and finished......this should be completed before my passing, I hope.:rolleyes:

Excuse the dirty engine...taking it apart for water pump, carburetor rebuild, harmonic balancer, timing chain, oil pan gasket replacement, front oil seal, rear engine oil seal replacement, new long tube headers, and general cleaning of engine......too much work, too little time, getting too old, but will persevere.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info , I just installed the Red 8.5 MSD today and bout to go get a tune this afternoon

Back