You can type here any text you want

plzzzz help!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thenasty6

ok my car was fine a couple days ago. drove it all day no problems.
i turned it off went in to a place for a few hours came out and it started up fine. and drove fine untill.... i came into boost....... i have a 76mm turbo and as soon as it came in to boost the car started back firing and loosing power. well i looked it over me and billy dukes son. and we found it to be the ignition control module. to test this we used one off another car. so i went ahead and replaced both the module and coil pack. and thats were the problem came in. i have went threw three at oreillys auto parts brand BW. and two at autozone brand Duralast. and the ignition module is not working at all on any of them. i even put the old one back on and car turned on. just couldn't run boost. but all the others wouldn't even turn the car on. i have no clue whats going on.
could i be doing something wrong. plz help!!! i miss driving my babe its been a week!! lol

btw its 87 GN with a FAST system installed on it.

Give the cam sensor a look see. Make sure it didn't spin the retaining tab off. Phil.

hey sorry for the wait. ok everything checks out i looked over everything.
no problems.
so only thing i could think of is i went to a friend of mine took his control mod. off his car put mine on his. his wouldnt crank. i put his on my car.... mine started right up... i dont understand it this is like the 5th one i got from the auto shop. and its not working. is there a paticular brand or something???
the brands ive used are duralast. and alot of BW.
ive really used so many that there arent really any left at the auto shops in my area......

sorry its been so long, well i got a ACdelco and that didnt work either! and i also ordered one from someone on this site off there working car and its not working with anything anymore. i was super lostcause ive checked everything, i even tested my fast system and make sure it reconizes that im trying to start the car, and it does. so i was out of options, untill somthing told me to check my jumper harness from the Fast system to the factory wiring. and the board is corrodedand looks a little burnt on one side. so im hopping thats the problem cause thats the only thing that is bad on the car, everything else that i see checks out! im haveing a hard time finding the harness but when i do i hope i get it running, if u guys can think of anything else i can try in the mean time i will appricate it.
Give the cam sensor a look see. Make sure it didn't spin the retaining tab off. Phil.
btw the cam sensor checked out.

Check the harness connector for the ICM. Sounds like it is either slightly corroded or the terminals have lost tension. Casper's carries new ones.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Check the harness connector for the ICM. Sounds like it is either slightly corroded or the terminals have lost tension. Casper's carries new ones.

RemoveBeforeFlight
yes i seen some corrosion on the harness board i dont believe i seen any lose wires just couldnt find the harness anywere. im going to look on the site u listed now thanks again.

Back