You can type here any text you want

Poerlogger question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tford

Registered Member
I am having a problem splitting the circuit boards apart. What am I missing. Took screws out and they are still stuck together

Ok Got it. Now for cleaning the circuit board. Does all of the glue/gunk need to come off so just the prongs are exposed?

You may have to pry on them a little. The boards have a conformal coating on them for weather protection and they are probably "glued" to the metal bracket.

Ok. I got it. I realized the glue was just a thin coating. What are symptoms if glue is not cleaned off enough?

Ok. I got it. I realized the glue was just a thin coating. What are symptoms if glue is not cleaned off enough?
Could be anything....communication problems, corrupt data. I use lacquer thinner to remove the coating.

I was going to use finger nail polish remover but was afraid it would screw something up. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I was going to use finger nail polish remover but was afraid it would screw something up. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Finger nail polish is acetone. Not the same as lacquer thinner.

Use lacquer thinner, and only use it on the edge connector.

Back