You can type here any text you want

Poly motor mount. Drivers side Vs. Pair

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Have a street car. Pretty mild. Do i need a pair of poly mount or just the drivers side? Saw a friends car.....like that the engine was dead still....did not move an inch. Will there be any draw backs with converting to poly mount....either one or two?

Have a street car. Pretty mild. Do i need a pair of poly mount or just the drivers side? Saw a friends car.....like that the engine was dead still....did not move an inch. Will there be any draw backs with converting to poly mount....either one or two?

Drivers side is all you "need", however your engine will sit a little slanted due to the poly mount being a tad bit taller. Installing both will make changing #6 spark plug a touch more difficult and you may feel slight engine vibrations.

Personally, I would do both if you are going to do any at all....

Hope this helps. ;)

Bill

I have H&R's sitting on both sides when the engine goes back in.

Go for both HR Mounts + their transmission mount

Some people will say to only do the one. However, HR mounts will raise the engine by maybe 1/2" or 3/4" in your engine bay. Now, do you want to have your enging cocked at an angle? Bonus is more room near top of shock now so no worries about false knock caused by down pipe hitting it.

I changed both (plus the transmission mount) and am very happy with the results. No regrets what so ever.......

Car felt a few more vibrations at idle initially, however after a few hundred miles......don't notice it anymore....seems to almost have worked themselves in after breaking.

My suggestion is to do them all..........then , you'll never need to do them ever again!

dave

I did both, my mistake. Chased what felt like wheel balance/front-end trouble for quite a while before I figured out what it was. The engine at 2200 rpm cruise, makes a harmonic that was amplified and felt through the steering wheel. Switched out the passenger side and it all but went away. If HR makes another one that is even softer I would switch the driver's side for the 3rd time. The first was waaay to hard, second design is better but could be a little softer. I will also add that putting poly body bushings is a mistake for a street car, stay with factory. With the driver side my engine doesn't move at all.
Mike

Just got a new set of HR mounts. THe new ones allow you to adjust the motor to help with downpipe clearance problems so it may work better to buy 2

I've got the med poly mounts.Got that annoying vibration too.Most noticeable at idle.It does seem to be getting better or i'm just getting used to it.I'm going to give mine some more time to soften up before i put the stocker back on the p side.

So..... What I understand....
Change both: Get engine vibrations.
Drivers side: Not vibrations, one side higher on engine.

Am I understanding this right? Or should I get a set of stockers?

If you have anything but a stock car get the hr mounts.

Typically 11.99 or slower drivers is ok both for anything faster

hope this helps.

WHAT has no body heard of jasons (RJC) MID ENGINE MOUNT ,,,I purchased one but have been to lazy to install it...

Ah yes. I remember seeing that. Completly forgot about it. It's cheaper and "look" easier to put in.

Back