You can type here any text you want

Pontiac G8 GT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

texasmr2

I have decided that I need more of a hit than a miss so I am going to look at a '09 model with less than 100K. It has been 30+yrs since I drove/owned a V8 and a 150 shot should make it a ball of fun.

thumb_3afeea6a696bd0b56783fd5e1e69c3b9x.jpg

Really nice!!!! I can count on one hand I have actually seen driving around.

Me too, they are rare with only 30K units sold in its two year life span here in the USA. The sales rep I spoke with yesterday called me today to let me know the car is now in the shop having multiple issues taken care of that were never addressed. I thanked him for his honesty and that I will keep him in mind because he was honest and could not justify selling a vehicle with said issues. He did not get into details but he saved me from a money pit.

They are a blast, I had a white 09 GT I purchased new. Put 135k miles on it in about 3 years and it was pretty much trouble free. I never modified mine because it was a daily work car and at that time parts were pretty expensive, but the car handled and ran great even stock. If you can get a good deal on it go for it, I don't think you will be dissapointed. And it's a huge sedan with tons of room too.

They are a blast, I had a white 09 GT I purchased new. Put 135k miles on it in about 3 years and it was pretty much trouble free. I never modified mine because it was a daily work car and at that time parts were pretty expensive, but the car handled and ran great even stock. If you can get a good deal on it go for it, I don't think you will be dissapointed. And it's a huge sedan with tons of room too.

As a car guy I have only heard and read nothing but positive reviews of the G8 GT. Heck in all reality the drivetrain is one of the most reliable powertrains produced with a huge aftermarket and stock replacement parts market. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to cars as I get the itch to change every few years unless I find a gem like I did with MR2's. I drove nothing but MR2's from '85 to '06 and owned three at one time.

By no means have a excluded a GN from my "bucket list" but we all require a reliable and fun DD that can hopefully also be a sleeper, seat five and scare the shat out of them every now and then. :p

Last edited:
Loved mine
.. Was a fun reliable car..

Attachments

• 20140412_185321.jpg
    20140412_185321.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 159
Loved every minute of nearly 7 years and 128k miles I had on mine. Mine was silver, most chrome blacked out, big staggered setup, light mods and ran a respectable 12.7 on street tires. Plenty of room too and safe cars. Let me know if you have any questions when looking at one as I practically know every inch of them and can tell you what's been touched or not. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My wife had one from new as her daily driver, It was a great all round car. We kept ours stock except I modified the trans calibration (i.e.: shift timing and firmness). We didn't have any real mechanical issues with ours although there did seem to be a lot of recalls on the car. The only negative thing I could say is that the leather interior was cheap and didn't hold up well over time.

Neal

I appreciate the insight gentlemen.

I have actually spotted two in last few weeks and I really like them.

I've got one they run very well,and are comfy. 2 things to research AFM lifters and strut mounts they seem to go bad.

I've got one they run very well,and are comfy. 2 things to research AFM lifters and strut mounts they seem to go bad.
Pics please.

I also like the fact they have four doors and are comfortable for your passengers but can still 'giddy up' when spurred.

If it wasn't for the snow I would have bought one as a daily. Always liked them, especially the last year GXP with the LS3/6spd. I drove the holden HSV version when I was in Sydney in 2010 which had a factory tvs2300 blower. Man that thing would move.

If it wasn't for the snow I would have bought one as a daily. Always liked them, especially the last year GXP with the LS3/6spd. I drove the holden HSV version when I was in Sydney in 2010 which had a factory tvs2300 blower. Man that thing would move.

Yes sir you would have had to just let it idle out of the driveway for any traction. Your a lucky dog having drove a HSV in it's homeland, color me jealous.

Yes sir you would have had to just let it idle out of the driveway for any traction. Your a lucky dog having drove a HSV in it's homeland, color me jealous.
Yea it was cool, except RHD felt like dyslexic shifting. Also drove a GXP UTE.
Holden 1.jpg
Holden 2.jpg

Back