Porting "perfect circle" wastegate hole made easy.

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Just did this on my current turbo, and thought I'd share this with all of you. I know lots will mark where the wastegate flapper is, and grind a circle 1/8" smaller than the puck. Having worked with a dremel tool, sometimes it can be a pain to make a perfect circle. Here is the procedure I used.

1. Remove the turbine housing from the turbo.
2. Apply a thin layer of grease on the puck that makes contact with the housing.
3. Bolt the turbing housing to the downpipe (only 2 bolts are necessary)
4. Move the flapper so that it makes contact a few times with the turbine housing.
5. Carefully unbolt and remove the turbine housing from the downpipe. (you will now see a grease outline of the area covered by the puck.
6. Take a step-down drill bit and drill down until you have your desired size hole. The metal shavings will stick to the grease from the puck and you will always see the area that you need to work in.
7. Once you have your desired diameter, take your dremel/grinder tool and grind away on the rest of the inside, using the top diameter as your size guide.
8. Clean the housing on your turbo really good, and bolt the turbine housing back onto the turbo.
9. Enjoy your reduced/eliminated boost creep.:cool:

And the finished product:

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg