porting ?...

krom415

trying to get an idea of how much is the going rate to get intake and heads ported out..? thanks

Send a PM to Russ Merritt on this site. He is doing a set of heads and intake for me right now. I don't want to speak for him on price, but he will pm it back to you. He has been good to deal with so far, and I have been told his heads will outflow champion irons for a little less money.

i'm going to be doing the head gaskets soon just wondering if it was in the budget to the port job i guess i have some pming to do and phone calls to make thanks for the heads up on russ

Price will range from $750 to $2500+ depending on level of insanity you want to go. There can be alot of gain to be had, even using stock valves. Time is money. It takes ALOT of time to get a set of heads to their peak. It's hard, dirty work. Pocket porting and a good 3 angle valve job is going to gain you about 65% of a complete port job. Stock heads can run in the tens. It really depends on your budget. There are also different levels of stainless valves, and even inconel exhaust valves. The exotic valves do cost alot more. Just keep your goals in mind when talking to who ever you choose to port your heads. This time of year, most head porters are SWAMPED! Don't be fooled by flow numbers, either. Just buy a set of heads from a reputable porter and bolt them on.:) You will be happy with the power gains. The mid range and top end improvements are great!

Hey Krom

give Spencer a call at Zimmermans,
he was very reasonable on my heads and intake, he did a lot of work and raised the intake ports too!
plus valve job, etc,
I'm thinking it was 500-600
air flow results are dramaticlly increased, !!!

How much power can u gain from porting if stock heads will go 10s. Just a ball park fig, or improve ET 1/4.