You can type here any text you want

Posi unit shopping

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
I’ve done searches but finding old info. Guys point me in the right direction for a new Posi unit, I’ve been looking at the Eaton and Auburn Customer service is key what vendor? Which unit? I want something plug and play I already have 28 spline moser axles. TIA

EATON Truetrac Look no further watch some videos.
I have used all these in my 4X4 days Detroit locker (not street friendly) E locker best 4X4 ever Auburn cone I think was a slight edge over the Eaton clutch
But the Truetrack in my Buick is hands down the best for street or race or 4X4 use even.
It's hard to imagine how it works with all those gears inside but it turns super nice in a parking garage, backing up no wheel hop or binding like the clutch will.
The OE clutch Eaton is a good unit but the Truetrack will be unbreakable. A fellow member suggest it and he was so right.

I have also been running the Eaton Tru Trac in my 86 after the original died. Have had it for about 5k miles and zero issues with it. It is as smooth as the OEM unit to me, kinda forgot its back there. I run Moser 28 spline axels and C-clip eliminators too.

The high 1.4 60's at the drag strip took out mt OEM unit. Lots of passes on the Eaton with zero issues.

I purchased mine from Quick Performance. They are semi local to me, so shipping was cheaper. They do have a good tech service over the phone, these are guys that know diffs, not call center order takers.

I put about 10 million passes on my Auburn Pro Series in the 1.5-1.6 range with 28 spline Moser axles and a diff girdle with zero issues.

Not toooo painful

Attachments

• IMG_6295.png
    IMG_6295.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 23
Back