You can type here any text you want

Possible engine change of plans?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BeanSS

SlickSquid
Well I was pretty set on going the LT1 V8 route...but I kept feeling like I was betraying my cars marriage to the V6 or something??? Don't know but I just did which is odd for me...

But anyways I was thinking of doing a 4.1 swap....I been reading the recipe for it but the whole being a PIA to switch to some type of EFI killed that idea.
That was until I seen this....
Professional Products Online

Now I remember I believe it was Warhawk that said the EZ EFI system would not work with the T/C because it was only "single bar" or something like...This system does ...it has 2.5 bars and it says it can handle being Turbo Charged or Super Charged....It's also a few hundred dollars cheaper

Now...I ask the resident brainiacs here...Could this system be used with our motors with all the goodies and a 4.1? According to the recipe it says everything will bolt up no problem...just gotta the normal EFI conversion thing like changing the Gas Tank, adding the oil return line to the block.
Just throwing some ideas out there....My Caprice money and my Income tax dollars are DYING to know!! Because if this can work out im not going V8!!:biggrin:

I mean this opens the us up to bigger turbos (Well not too big I think this kit only supports up to like 20lbs of boost and 600 hp? )Or we could use the stock turbo from the 86/87? A bigger down pipe (Or stick with that custom one for our cars you guys talked about a while back ) Would this setup be able to be intercooled? Stroked 4.1 or the 3.8?

Pretty much Yes to all questions.
You could do a blowthru induction system just swap the carb for the throttle body.

Yes the company says it will learn But:
YOU STILL HAVE TO TUNE IT!

Pretty much Yes to all questions.
You could do a blowthru induction system just swap the carb for the throttle body.

Yes the company says it will learn But:
YOU STILL HAVE TO TUNE IT!

Hahaha oh yeah you best believe that's gonna be a given! Only thing I've ever seen self tune is my wife whenever I talk my car...Tunes it right out on out on her own with no adjustments needed!:D

Looks like a great option for blow through but I don't know about draw through. Seems like a good idea but I'd like to know more about it.

agh yes, I knew it would be a matter of time before they would upgrade the unit to have some boost refrencing.

looks like great engine management... should make good power.

But I can almost guarantee we will never see one on buick.

for 1900 dollars..... i would rather have the much better fuel distribution of the 86/87 sfi manifold.

and nobody is going to spend that on a carb turbo motor.

:cool:A.j.

My thoughts exactly A.j.
That system will never perform like a port EFI.

My thoughts exactly A.j.

I mean, for draw thru, this would be an awesome upgrade.... but the money seems hardly worth it. any of us could roughly have the same drivability and power from a carb turbo if its well tuned.

A.j.

My thoughts exactly A.j.

I mean, for draw thru, this would be an awesome upgrade.... but the money seems hardly worth it. any of us could roughly have the same drivability and power from a carb turbo if its well tuned.

A.j.

I have to agree with Aj on this one Adam. The system will never behave like SFI but it would improve the drivability of the carb/turbo draw through system, maybe. A properly tuned carb should work as well.

^^^
That was kinda on my mind as well....it's all good...Im still saving to make sure I got all my money right for whatever motor I swap to so Im a keep lurking thru you guy's R&D !:biggrin:

Cant wait to see what the mocked up turbo turns out to be!

According to Ronnie, the parts should be back to me next week so keep up on the thread. I've still got a lot of work to do but it should be running late this spring, I hope.

Back