Possible Head Gasket Failure ??? Questions look for answers

1987T

Looking for 10's
So I took my 38,000 Mile Stock engine Buick out for its last ride to day and as normal pulled 24PSI and suddenly when it shifted to 2nd gear it went POOOOOFT! and then started running like crap. Still runs just sounds really strange.
Went home Pulled in the garage and opened the hood, there is oil shooting out of the breathers on both Valve covers and when I pull the one off on the Drivers side its like the exhaust is coming out of the crankcase. Now I have popped Head Gaskets before but its always been water in the oil and a bloody mess. I have no water in the oil and no oil in the coolant (That I can see anyway)
So My question did I finally pop the factory gaskets on this thing between 2 cylinders or is some thing else messed up?? What else should I look for to determine what side is burned up? Plugs dont look bad on any of them I already checks no cleaner than the rest plug no white smoke (Lots of Blue smoke out the tailpipe but not white)
Any help or advice what to look for would be great Im at a loss as to whats wrong as I have never had a head gasket go like this if thats what is :(

So I took my 38,000 Mile Stock engine Buick out for its last ride to day and as normal pulled 24PSI and suddenly when it shifted to 2nd gear it went POOOOOFT! and then started running like crap. Still runs just sounds really strange.
Went home Pulled in the garage and opened the hood, there is oil shooting out of the breathers on both Valve covers and when I pull the one off on the Drivers side its like the exhaust is coming out of the crankcase. Now I have popped Head Gaskets before but its always been water in the oil and a bloody mess. I have no water in the oil and no oil in the coolant (That I can see anyway)
So My question did I finally pop the factory gaskets on this thing between 2 cylinders or is some thing else messed up?? What else should I look for to determine what side is burned up? Plugs dont look bad on any of them I already checks no cleaner than the rest plug no white smoke (Lots of Blue smoke out the tailpipe but not white)
Any help or advice what to look for would be great Im at a loss as to whats wrong as I have never had a head gasket go like this if thats what is :(

When the headgaskets let go .. they don't always let go into a coolant port .. they can let go into the intake valley .. do a compression test ... that says all

20160426_214938.jpg
no coolant leak, but James Bond smoke screen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yours was last drive of the season. Mine was first full throttle run of the season.

100 mile break in on new Trans and converter. Nothing else changed on build but the power plate. Made a couple pulls through 1st and 2nd. She popped first time I was in it to 3rd. Spit at about 90 mph. Power logger crashed right before it happened so no log. Recorded 14.3 degrees KR at 93, but not sure if that was after it started filling the intake with oil. Been running fine since the new gaskets.

Nice guessing that what happened to mine then Ill be working on it over the winter to much work to do here in the yard before Winter we have 6 + Acres to rake leaves and split wood before it gets to cold out.

Yep, and/or broke a ring.

You said it was 'stock'... doesn't that mean original untouched engine, or 'stock replacement' pistons.

If original untouched slugs, I would say headgasket into the valley pan. If stock replacement Federal Mogul pistons, I'm going to say the piston cracked at the oil slot to the crown and pinched/broke the rings. (or possibly both).

Im sure it horrible that is just how my luck goes have not touched it, its 100% stock unopened engine the only thing done was 100lb Valve springs and bolt on parts its never knocked till this one time and poof! Lovely

I had the same feeling when it happened to me. But it was just the gasket. Don't get too worried until you open it up. I was expecting cracked pistons and more. Everything was fine. $150 in parts and up and running for the season. Plus made my best run so far at the end of the season. Was hesitant to go to the track after the gasket. But it ran great.

Im sure it horrible that is just how my luck goes have not touched it, its 100% stock unopened engine the only thing done was 100lb Valve springs and bolt on parts its never knocked till this one time and poof! Lovely

If it's a blown gasket, don't sweat it. Pull the heads and clean up the mess.

While the heads are off do a valve job, do a bowl port and backcut the exhaust valves.

Since the heads are at the machine shop, pull the timing cover, replace the timing chain, do my oil mods, and clean the timing gear teeth out of the oil pickup.

That should last you for another couple of decades.

I have not had time to get it apart its going to be a winter project now, I just have to much to do before winter gets here with our Small Farm and 10 acer mess we call home lol.
As soon as we get past Nov. or so Ill have some time. As I said it was out for its last blast with the Gas treated for storage for winter and POOF! :(
Im hoppin you guys are right and its just the gasket or Gaskets and not worse :)
Thanks for all the info and keep posting your thoughts it makes me stay motivated to get in and tear it down! (Just have the wife b*tch*n in the back ground we need this and thant done lol)

I just put the winterizing additive in my camaro for the winter, and all I can say is it runs like shit. Definitely don't want to beat on it again until you burn through that tank in the spring.

I have not had time to get it apart its going to be a winter project now, I just have to much to do before winter gets here with our Small Farm and 10 acer mess we call home lol.
As soon as we get past Nov. or so Ill have some time. As I said it was out for its last blast with the Gas treated for storage for winter and POOF! :(
Im hoppin you guys are right and its just the gasket or Gaskets and not worse :)
Thanks for all the info and keep posting your thoughts it makes me stay motivated to get in and tear it down! (Just have the wife b*tch*n in the back ground we need this and thant done lol)
That's why for a long time I called my car the other bitch

What kind of fuel are you using that allows 24 lbs of boost?