You can type here any text you want

possibly bent oil pump shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

Well i am trying to put in my cam sensor on my new motor, and i simply cannot get the thing in. I took off the O ring to try to make sure it slips in and it doesn't. I then went to my spare block and tried it there and it slipped right in.

I am thinking that the oil pump shaft may have become bent from priming the oil pump improperly.

Has anyone ever experienced this before, how did you verify it this was infact the problem

Lastly, i have a Kenne Bell HV plate on there and i do not know if there was any machining done to the gears. Will i be able to just slip a new gear in and be off, or will i have to get some machining done?

Thanks guys, I want to fire this thing over on Saturday, so time is not on my side right now.

Adrian

Are you using an aftermarket cover? If so, that may be your problem...poor machining tolerances. :rolleyes:

No it is the factory cover,

All th parts are matching from when the motor was together last time, so it should jsut slip in.

Anyone else.
?

Back