Power antenna

Tricked-T

I need to put in a new Power Antenna it looks like it might be a pain in the ass, but wanted to ask to see if there was a good way to do the process or one that maybe easier. Anything would help.

-Lee

Power Antenna Replacement

iused this link but its still a pain in the a$$.
aweek later i got XM raidio and don't use it anyway DOH!!

I'll shave the hole in the fender when i do the body........

hope this helps....

antenna

piece of cake...this is the way I do it.....undo all the 10mm bolts in the door jamb and the 15mm bolt at the bottom of the fender under the car by the door. Then unbolt the 10mm wheelwell bolts above your tire. This allows the fender to be pulled out just far enough to sneak the unit in from below. Use a stretched out coat hanger and drop it in through the antenna hole in the top of the fender to grab the onto the top of the antenna to assist in pulling it up into position and be able to get the nut bezel onto the antenna. It's really easier that it sounds, just be cautious about the paint...I use masking tape or such around the door and fender edge to ensure that I don't scratch the paint using the 10mm wrench in the door jamb bolts

more

....I've done this so many times helping out guys that I can do this in 20 minutes to a half an hour;) .........PS, just got one in to sell

Man I wish you were closer Glenn. This is something I have to do to mine as well. There's nothing better than to have someone do the work who knows exactly what they are doing. Maybe I can hire my buddy Don to help me with mine. He recently changed his out on his car. Maybe...:redface:

On a similar topic, this might be a good time to mention proper care and maintenance. I was always taught that after a rain storm, or after washing the car, to raise up the power antenna, wipe it down with a clean cloth, and then to lubricate it with a light machine oil or gun oil and another clean rag. I did this on my old White Limited and never had any issues with it and it was original. I used some pure base oil that I got when I was working for Ergon. 99% pure refined oil, straight from the refinery. Better than some of the gun oils out there.
Anyone else have any care/preventive maintenance tips for them?

Patrick

piece of cake...this is the way I do it.....undo all the 10mm bolts in the door jamb and the 15mm bolt at the bottom of the fender under the car by the door. Then unbolt the 10mm wheelwell bolts above your tire. This allows the fender to be pulled out just far enough to sneak the unit in from below. Use a stretched out coat hanger and drop it in through the antenna hole in the top of the fender to grab the onto the top of the antenna to assist in pulling it up into position and be able to get the nut bezel onto the antenna. It's really easier that it sounds, just be cautious about the paint...I use masking tape or such around the door and fender edge to ensure that I don't scratch the paint using the 10mm wrench in the door jamb bolts

This is the best tip I have ever seen on power antenna install. Thanks!