Power Door Lock Issue

JohnTaddeo

My passenger power door lock locks fine, but to unlock it I have to hit the button 2-3 times. I hear the actuator, and the lock moves up, but not enouigh to unlock the door until the 2nd or third press of the switch.

Opened the door, sprayed everything with wd-40, still do dice.

I'm thinking it's the actuator, going to try that today. Any other ideas? Thanks.

lube with white lithium grease inside lock mechanism and all rods(even to pivot point near lock knob on inside door ) good first...then...put a volt meter on the actuator itself to confirm good voltage there on lock and unlock...if not,check switches,relay(behind ecm in pass kick...look for water damage)'if theres good voltage,replace weak actuator...common....

lube with white lithium grease inside lock mechanism and all rods(even to pivot point near lock knob on inside door ) good first...then...put a volt meter on the actuator itself to confirm good voltage there on lock and unlock...if not,check switches,relay(behind ECM in pass kick...look for water damage.) If there's good voltage,replace weak actuator...common....

There are tension coil springs inside the door. When I remove those, the locks work fine, which combined with having greased the entire mechanism leads me to believe that the actuator, although "responding" is weak. Advanced Auto Parts has them for $30.

Thanks for the info.