Power logger install and operate on two different laptops

DCGN

Can you install and operate power logger on two different laptops using Windows 7 on one and windows XP on the other? I'm concerned about the drivers.

Yes you can no issues.
How are you concerned about the Drivers?
Installing the PL software on your laptop is like any other software and has no effect on any other laptop or ECM.

I don't know, I guess its because I'm not all that computer savvy.
Thanks for the reply!

Do you have to be online to get the drivers? My Wi-Fi doesn't reach the back garage where the car is.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok David, thanks!!
By the way, I have been using PL on an older laptop running XP and it has the latest revision of PL. I will now be loading PL on my Windows 7 laptop using the CD which has the original revision. Will that pose a problem? I want to continue using the XP laptop in the car and use the Windows 7 in the house to look at logs that friends might send me to analyze.

By the way, I have been using PL on an older laptop running XP and it has the latest revision of PL. I will now be loading PL on my Windows 7 laptop using the CD which has the original revision. Will that pose a problem? I want to continue using the XP laptop in the car and use the Windows 7 in the house to look at logs that friends might send me to analyze.

It will not pose a problem if you want to use the old software on your Windows 7 to review files. You might be missing some of the "cool" features that are added every so often though.

Here you can download the latest files.
http://fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=2627

It will not pose a problem if you want to use the old software on your Windows 7 to review files. You might be missing some of the "cool" features that are added every so often though.

Here you can download the latest files.
http://fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=2627
Hey David, I tried the manual Powerlogger install on windows 7 and could not get it to work. After hitting "device manager" and going to step 9, I saw PL listed but no "USB serial port". So I went to step 10 and right clicked on powerlogger then picked "update driver". Browsed to the desktop and there are no driver folders there. Clicked on powerlogger and the two folders for " windows 98" and " 2000 and XP" are there that are on the original disc I'm using, but no driver folders.
One thing I did that may be affecting this is I loaded the disc and drug the PL folder onto the desktop while in the house before I went to the car and tried to install
it. Could that be causing a problem?

Loading the Disc and dropping the PL folder on to your Desktop will not cause this. Send me your email and I'll send you the PL Drivers Folder.

Last edited:
I attached the file here instead of sending it through email.

What you want to do

Delete the Power Logger Folder that you have on your Desktop.
Download the File I attached here and save it to your Desktop.
After it downloads go to your Desktop and double click it to open it.
Grab the folder named PL and drag it on to your Desktop.
You can delete the folder that you downloaded from here to avoid confusion.
If you open the PL folder that you drug on to your Desktop you can see there is a Drivers folder in there.

Restart the manual installation for Windows 7. When it asks you to locate Drivers, browse to your desktop and open the PL folder. Then select the Drivers folder. Don't double click the Drivers folder. You only want to select it.

Attachments

• PL.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
I attached the file here instead of sending it through email.

What you want to do

Delete the Power Logger Folder that you have on your Desktop.
Download the File I attached here and save it to your Desktop.
After it downloads go to your Desktop and double click it to open it.
Grab the folder named PL and drag it on to your Desktop.
You can delete the folder that you downloaded from here to avoid confusion.
If you open the PL folder that you drug on to your Desktop you can see there is a Drivers folder in there.

Restart the manual installation for Windows 7. When it asks you to locate Drivers, browse to your desktop and open the PL folder. Then select the Drivers folder. Don't double click the Drivers folder. You only want to select it.
But what about the " USB serial port" that wasn't there before? Will it be there now?

Either USB SERIAL PORT or POWERLOGGER will work.

If you see the PowerLogger, right click and select update drivers. Browse and Select the Drivers folder.