You can type here any text you want

power logger issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
new to turbo buicks, just bought a '87 TT, its been built for the strip but used for a daily driver. Ive been trying to get my laptop to hook up to the power logger im running windows 10 and have the most up to date version of the power logger console, every time i connect the laptop to the car and switch to monitor it gives me an error "device "COM1" open error" i switched laptops to one that uses windows 7 updated the drivers and it still had the same error...anybody have an idea whats happening and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated. thank you.

plug in, and turn on the key, then look in devince manager and post what you see, or a pic.

Bob

plug in, and turn on the key, then look in devince manager and post what you see, or a pic.

Bob
So I believe the problem is with drivers not being compatible with Windows 10, that being said i used the other computer with windows 7 same issue even with updated drivers

Attachments

• 0127161922[1].jpg
    0127161922[1].jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 131
  • 0127161922a[1].jpg
    0127161922a[1].jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 0127161923[1].jpg
    0127161923[1].jpg
    10.7 MB · Views: 113
yeah, the issue is that the drivers for your powerlogger are "unsigned". Starting with windows 7/64 and getting stricter with win 8 and 10, using unsigned drivers is a bit of a pain. We switched the PowerLogger to signed drivers over a year ago, which fixes the problem.

Switching the PL to use signed drivers involves reprogramming the USB chip in the PL.

So, the process to program the USB chip is on here somewhere, or you can send it in and have it updated.

Bob

All of the upgrades were done before me and I'm learning how to operate most off the tuning features ... So I have to ask which is easier ? Cause I'm not sure I can uninstall the chip but I may be able to reprogram it I'm not sure but if you could find that thread I can take a look if I can't do that where do I send it into?

Yo man, since Im going to be in the same boat in a few days....i started googling crap. Google" powerlogger signed". This should be the reprogram procedure

Ok so I found the program that will reprogram the chip but when I connect it to the chip it says no device found but the device manager still says it's connected

you using mprog? it should find the chip.

be sure to program it with the correct file though, or it will kill the USB chip.

should work ok on Win 10, but you can always send it here.

B

Back