power stroke intercooler

a member from so cal had one, even chopped a few rows off it and still went low 9's with it

another so cal member had one but never went to the track with it, but said he love it

They look like they should do pretty well. This is on my list of mods. My buddy has a super duty so I look and drool over the IC all the, keep telling him it may come up missing. :) I think some people are intimidated by cutting the car or fabbing the pipes.

One thing I have yet to see is if the IC made the car run hotter. I never found any info on it. Anyone hear about anyone having a substantial increase in temp? Some of us SoCal folks have to worry about that. Not necessarily for the weather, but for the traffic and weather combined...

I already have it installed but i am going with my all aluminum motor in the next vouple years and just wanted to make sure i would have enough intercooler to run it

I had one

Had a chance to pick up 4.5 in thick V-1. I can say the Ford ran cooler as it is thinner. Can not say which is quicker as I did not do back to back comparison. I think for the $ they are GREAT. Just have to be willing to cut and fab. I bought some 3 in. mandral bend mild steel tubing ells--cut --grind--fit and acetylene weld.

Got my attention,Is there any particular year,model that should be looked for?Great pics in your sig,link.good after xmas project!:biggrin:

I have a powerstroke ic like new condition with mandrel bent pipes and metal endtanks for $250. shipped if anyone is interested-plans changed.

i have a question if one was to buy a banks powerstroke intercooler since they say its much improved over stock would that actually help or is a factory one fine.

For what you would pay for the Banks name tag, the stock unit you have installed is more than enough for your needs!!!

I did mine about 5 yrs ago in the GN. I didnt mind cutting holes in the core support, but the inner fenders bothered me a little. I have since forgotten all about it because the car runs so well.:D I have detailed pics on a website, PM me for the link. Its geocities, so it will shut down if it gets too many hits.

Is it possible to install this intercooler set up without cutting anything? Ive heard you can cut the inlet and outlet tubes on the intercooler and have them installed on the sides of the tanks then use 90* hoses to route them though the existing holes in the radiator core support.