Powercrapster Help

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
"Brake" idiot light blinks at me almost every time I hit the brake pedal in my T-type..........accumulator ball? What else.......fluid is on the low side, but there still should be plenty in there........any ideas? Thanks

It sounds like your accumulator. With key off, pump pedal 10 times medium hard to drain pressure off. Turn key on. Time pump up time. If 15 seconds or less then motor/pump is good. If longer then bad. Assuming good see how many pumps you get between motor cycles. Should be 2 medium brake applies or more. If it comes on nearly every time and light comes on then the accumulator is bad.

I'd have to agree with BJM, sounds like its the accumulator if the motor is cycling cause the accumulator is not holding the adequate amount of pressure.

Powermaster does suck. Mine only lasted 13 years and your lasted 16..I wanna rebate.:D

one small check though, pull the metal line out of the master cyclinder (after pressure is relieved) use a hook pick or wood type screw to pull out a little plunger and inspect surface. if it even has a grain of sand appearing on the wet flat side, it is not holding 600 psi and is leaking down causing the motor to cycle. clean with more clean brake fluid and reinstall.if nothing else, just for future insurance. ps change brake fluid yearly.:)