You can type here any text you want

Powermaster ? Again!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee Thompson

I'm sure I could find it if I searched long enough. I'm in the process of changing out a whole unit. I have the 2 nuts off but it appears that the rod is still attached to the pedal. Do I dis connect under dash or will the rod pop out of the back of the unit. The used unit I have has the rod with it but it is out of the unit. Thanks for your help.

I've always unhooked it at the pedal...Never even tried anything else.

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

That pedal rod has to be kept locked in to the booster. If the lock doesn't hold, the rod could fall out of the booster under acceleration. This would have catastrphic results, if you know what I mean. There is a clip holding the rod onto the pedal. Don't let it fly out on you.

It unhooks at the pedal under the dash...I hope you are flexible because you have to be triple jointed to get up in there...it's a PITA...best way to get under the dash and see what you are doing is to recline the front seat all the way back and lay on it...some advice and I give this to everyone...before you put the new one in...take a dremel and hog out the hole in the end of the rod...not a lot...may have to test fit a couple of times...believe me it will save you from shot putting the PM unit across your yard...it will make it much...much easier to get the rod back on...you'll see what I mean when you try to get the rod off...you have to experience it to believe it so I won't spoil it for you...

You are SO right

It unhooks at the pedal under the dash...I hope you are flexible because you have to be triple jointed to get up in there...it's a PITA...best way to get under the dash and see what you are doing is to recline the front seat all the way back and lay on it...some advice and I give this to everyone...before you put the new one in...take a dremel and hog out the hole in the end of the rod...not a lot...may have to test fit a couple of times...believe me it will save you from shot putting the PM unit across your yard...it will make it much...much easier to get the rod back on...you'll see what I mean when you try to get the rod off...you have to experience it to believe it so I won't spoil it for you...

I just put the other one on today--never thought about opening the hole up some---I just cocked it (the whole unit) under the hood so as the rod was not THAT hard to get on. Still have to bleed the whole system as I had the rear brake lines off. Can I 3/4 fill the resivoir and pump the pedal some. I had a hose on the right rear with the bleeder open and SOME fluid in the resisior but nothing came out. (gravity bleeding). I am open to any and all suggestions as I have 0 experience with the PM. Thanks for all your help.

Bleeding

On GNTTYPE.org they say to depress the plunger on the proportioning valve which is located on the driver's side frame rail while bleeding. They say use a C-clamp and a piece of wood to hold plunger in while bleeding.

Back