You can type here any text you want

Powermaster Arrrghhh

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbonut85

Rarely used member
So I completely rebuilt my PM unit. installed a NOS GM rebuild kit with all new cups, O rings, power piston, and check valve/poppet. The entire brake system on my GN is brand new. Lines, brass valve, rebuilt calipers, new rear wheel cylinders. So I am TRYING to bleed the entire system. The PM side is not the problem right now. I am getting HUGE amounts of ari in the rear system and the pedal goes to the floor every time. The question is did I not bench bleed the master cyl enough? Would it be continuously pumping air into the rear lines? What about the proportioning valve? Do I need to do anything specific with it? I realize with the whole system being new I am going to have ALOT of air to get out. I had no problem bleeding the front system, or the PM side...aside from my acc ball being craptacular!:rolleyes: ANY IMPUT would help IMMENSLY!!:confused: :confused:

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere in the rear setup.
Especially if you aren't getting any in the front, and the high pressure side isn't coming through looking frothy.
Are you pump bleeding, vacuum or pressure bleeding at the wheels?

Took the M/C apart and found one of the brand new cups I just installed had 5 or 6 chunks out of it like it was dry rotted. Replaced it with a good one and every thing works. Got a little too much pedal travel I think. I checked the adjustment on the rear shoes and they are set right. Is too much pedal travel another sign of more air in the lines? Also, what are the symptoms of a bad acc ball? When I turn IGN on, pump motor runs for 12 seconds and shuts off. Stays off until I step on the pedal, then runs for 2 or 3 sec and shuts off.

Back