You can type here any text you want

Powermaster Brake Reservoir Replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JohnP

I an new to the Buick work and currently have a small spider crack on the bottomside of my reservoir near the sump hose causing a very small leak. Attempts to repair have not worked. The next plan was to order a powermaster brake reservoir(part #7018) along with stickers from Kirbans. The reservoir comes with the grommets.
The 1987 service manual(section 5) has much information on the powermaster unit but I cannot find any specific to the reservoir replacement.

I have searched but cannot find exactly what i am looking for. Does anyone have a procedure for this replacement.

The service manual shows removal of the reservoir with a pry bar through a port in the powermaster body. Also, was not sure about removal of pressure switch and accumulator if the unit is depressurized.

The car is a GNX and thus my attempts to repair the reservoir. but this appears to be a matter of function over form.

Thank you for any assistance, John

Back