You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster Brake support

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
OK NW folks, who do you trust with your Turbo Regal to work on your brakes? I've had my GN for over 2 years and I need to address the pedal pressure, put new bake fluid and make sure the accum. bowl and pump are in good working order...

Any suggestions?

FS

Mine works fine and I have a spare already. I just want it serviced and don't want to do it myself. I guess I'll buy Kirbans "How To" on the powermaster and do it myself.

Thanks for the link.

I doubt there's any local shops that have a clue about servicing your powerbastard properly.

I have a bunch how to tips you can borrow. Plus I have a Mity-vac which is very helpful for getting all the air out of the lines. I've spent a lot of undesired quality time with my brakes and Kurt's. I'm no pro but I have a bit of experience now of what to do and what not to do:D

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
I doubt there's any local shops that have a clue about servicing your powerbastard properly.

I have a bunch how to tips you can borrow. Plus I have a Mity-vac which is very helpful for getting all the air out of the lines. I've spent a lot of undesired quality time with my brakes and Kurt's. I'm no pro but I have a bit of experience now of what to do and what not to do:D

Dan,

I would like to take you up on this for a Saturday project in the future. Just a little proactive maintanence.

FS

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Good thing I didn't throw mine out, eh ;).

Adum

Tell me about it, nobody told me how useful mine would be as a doorstop! :D

Bleed order seems to help when I do the PM brakes... First sign of any problems with my PM and I will jerk that unit out and go vacuum so fast....

If you have *issues* with the brakes (specific to the PM, not wheel cylinders or something like that) I'd recommend that route. The hair you prevent from being pulled *will* be your own.

I'll try to come to the Burgermaster thing Sat Night with my heap... I can talk with you some then.

Cya!

Thanks for the reply. San Antonio huh! I have family there. Just outsided the citly limits in Beorne.

FS

down here in vegas you can buy a rebuilt powermonster from autozone complete unit with a life time warranty for 159.95. len

Originally posted by LV GN
down here in vegas you can buy a rebuilt powermonster from autozone complete unit with a life time warranty for 159.95. len

There's nothing wrong with my powermaster assembly, I just want to service it and put new fluid in the system.

Thanks for the replies. ;)

No problem changing the fluid. Unless a bleeder valve breaks (don't ask me why I know this).

This Saturday works for me if you're up for it, Frank. Would be a good time to slap the Nittos onto SINISTR.

Bob Kent at the South Park Tire Factory can probably do a good job as tires and brakes are their forte and he owns a very good looking GN. He also works on others in the area so he is definately familiar with them. 206-762-2610

MLH

Back