You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster can kiss my a**! :)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Well my 86 is back on the road again finally. Here is my PowerMaster story....

End of May came back from a cruise night and I heard the PM making some noise. As I pulled into the garage I saw a trail of brake fluid. Yup pump/motor leaking internally like a pig. I had a few friends give me everything from pumps to complete units only to find all those pumps either could not make the pressure to hold or leaked or had other issues. So I ate the bullet and called Eric over at CARS ( Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc. ) $329 for a NOS GM powermaster pump/motor. He bought out the supply of them from Hank some years back. I think they are only down to a handful left! Hopefully someone can remake these pumps because once they are gone they are gone!

I also picked up a NOS pressure switch for 100 bucks. Got everything installed today and the brakes are good again. There is a fuzzy feeling you get when installing all NOS GM parts on your car so at least there is that reward! :D

Not sure how A1 handles the motor/pumps when they rebuild the entire unit but I think they just bench test them and send them on their way if they seem ok. I don't think they actually rebuild them. It was killing me to have the car stuck in the garage over a PM motor/pump. Took it out to a cruise night tonight and sure did miss driving it! Trying to keep this car all stock or I would have tossed it and went vacuum. If my 87 PM every goes out that's what I'm going to do on that car! So make sure you go out to the garage and give your powermaster a kiss because when it goes dig deep or make the switch! :cool:

Attachments

• PowerMasterNewPump-6-30-2011.jpg
    PowerMasterNewPump-6-30-2011.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 262
  • PowerMasterMotor-6-30-2011-001_resize.jpg
    PowerMasterMotor-6-30-2011-001_resize.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 257
  • PowerMaster-6-30-2011-002_resize.jpg
    PowerMaster-6-30-2011-002_resize.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4436_resize.jpg
    IMG_4436_resize.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4432_resize.jpg
    IMG_4432_resize.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 258
same thing happened to me... luckily i had a vaccum system on hand and i have yet to look back:biggrin:

Looks like you need a little detailing done my friend.:biggrin: Now you just need to make it Noble and bring some treats and I'll do a little cooking for you.:cool: Jalapino dove breast with bacon on the smoker anyone? :eek::biggrin:

Back