You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster leaking.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kjun

....right where the three pin harness attaches to the top. Brake fluid is pooling in the connector recepticle. I don't want to go to vacuum brakes. Is this repairable??? ....or do I need a new unit. I'm tired of my brakes failing.....not fun.

Cheers, Randy.

If its the connector thst goes into the gray switch on top you probably only have to replace that.
It has a valve under it so all you have to do is depressurize the system with key off press hard one the brake pedal 10 times.
Take it off with a wrench and replace it.

I assume you are talking about the pressure switch on top of the brake unit. That was a common problem with the original black switch. It was replaced with a newer grey switch. They are available.

Ya, it's the pressure switch.............. Where do you get those things and how much.

Thanks for your help. R.

Yep, it is the pressure switch. It's expensive for a simple switch but don't drive the car till you replace it. If it gets worse it will pump all of your brake fluid out and you won't have any brakes. It may also spray everywhere and brake fluid will ruin any paint it hits.

....right where the three pin harness attaches to the top. Brake fluid is pooling in the connector recepticle. I don't want to go to vacuum brakes. Is this repairable??? ....or do I need a new unit. I'm tired of my brakes failing.....not fun.

Cheers, Randy.

The brake switch will probably cost you more than a complete vacuum brake conversion and you won't have to worry any more about brake problems ever.

I've had my vacuum brakes going on 14 years and not a single problem with them. It's all bolt on parts and vacuum hoses. So you can convert back to the powermaster unit afterward if you should ever want to for what ever reason.

Just remove the powermaster unit and put it in a box and stow it away for later. This could even save you from the brakes going out and causing damage to your car or worse to you.

Back