You can type here any text you want

powermaster pressure switch/where 2 buy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
ITSAV6 said:
Does anyone still carry these and who?

Sent you an email.

Local GM dealer wants over $200.

Kirbans doesn't sell them right now.

I hope someone will start making them reasonable in $$.

zeus87gn said:
Sent you an email.

Local GM dealer wants over $200.

Kirbans doesn't sell them right now.

I hope someone will start making them reasonable in $$.

I hope so. :mad:

Doug,

I'd try GM Parts Direct, Brian Weaver at G Body parts, and Mike Dopkins (M233roller) off the boards. Bet one of those sources may have one.

One place I saw wants $373.00 for it! I've sourced a coupoe for around $165.00 and following up on a lead for one (private individual) that may be available for $125.00

Patrick- you are right about the part # as GM Parts Direct didn't seem to like it for whatever reason? $100-$125 would be a great price for one if you can find one for that. We'll do what we can to help you find one. Sure making my NOS spare I bought last year for $50.00 looking like a sweet score!

The link mikec1969 provided was to a place called Karps brake. They called me back. They have the switches and accumulators, original GM. the prices are as follows (better sit down):

Pressure switches - $300 :eek:
Accumulators - $400 :eek: :eek: :eek:
PowerMaster rebuild kits - $75, contains all new seals and cups (rubber components) for the cylinder itself. :cool:

I think I might get a kit, but Kirbans has the deal on the Accumulators. Doug, email me.

These parts were mistakingly priced back in their younger days.esp the switch,and is getting outta hand still.Convert your system after PM fails rather than pay these outragous prices.Or take the working unit off and shelve it,then install if you decide to sell for originality.

wow

zeus87gn said:
The link mikec1969 provided was to a place called Karps brake. They called me back. They have the switches and accumulators, original GM. the prices are as follows (better sit down):

Pressure switches - $300 :eek:
Accumulators - $400 :eek: :eek: :eek:
PowerMaster rebuild kits - $75, contains all new seals and cups (rubber components) for the cylinder itself. :cool:

I think I might get a kit, but Kirbans has the deal on the Accumulators. Doug, email me.

They have lost thier minds! :eek: You have mail Patrick.

There's a guy on Ebay (can't recall his name!) that sells new Gm switches in the box for around $100 bucks- HTH's :)

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

The problem with those switches is that they need 2600psi against them to shut off the motor. It's a lot. It's also hard on the accumulator. The pump has phenolic (plastic) vanes, which wear rapidly pumping brake fluid under high pressure. With the prices up so high for components, the Hydroboost conversion gets cheaper. It also does away with the electric part of the system.

????????????

POWERBRAKEBOB said:
The problem with those switches is that they need 2600psi against them to shut off the motor. It's a lot. It's also hard on the accumulator. The pump has phenolic (plastic) vanes, which wear rapidly pumping brake fluid under high pressure. With the prices up so high for components, the Hydroboost conversion gets cheaper. It also does away with the electric part of the system.

2600PSI? :confused: I raise the BS flag there bud. It is around 600-650 psi. I just gave away a complete hydroboost system. No offense intended to you but I will go vac with an elec vac motor,less complicated than either of the factory systems.

Power master brake switch from nos4gn

You can get one from nos4gn on ebay. This guy has LOTS of NOS parts for Grand Nationals.

Not sure how to insert the link, so here is the auction number:
# 8047945152

2600PSI? I raise the BS flag there bud
If you read the description, the switches offered on ebay can be used on the ABS offered on some GM cars in the late '80s. The ABS used the higher pressure. So if the switches are the ABS switches, then 2600 psi is correct.

not valid

Ormand said:
If you read the description, the switches offered on ebay can be used on the ABS offered on some GM cars in the late '80s. The ABS used the higher pressure. So if the switches are the ABS switches, then 2600 psi is correct.

I do not need a later model switch,I do not have a late model GM with ABS. 2600psi is not correct for my car. If someone puts that sw in they are screwing things up on thier own.
As I stated before,600-650 psi id where our sw cuts off the pump.

As I stated before,600-650 psi id where our sw cuts off the pump.
That may have been what you meant, but that's not what you typed. You "called BS", when PowerBrakeBob said that the switches were not correct, that they have the wrong pressure setting. I understand what the pressure is for the PM, but I also know that the ABS uses a different switch. And it is NOT a later model switch, the ABS was available at the same time as the PM, just in different vehicles. PowerBrakeBob probably know that too. And now you have had the chance to learn something new.

Back