You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster pressure switch???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
OK... On the top side of the switch, along side of the connector is a very tiny black rubber "plug" that seals off a very small hole. What is the reason for it and the small hole? And if it leaks what is the solution? A pin-sized amount of RTV, nothing (let it leak), or replace the switch?

I've looked at a minimum of (5) switches, both new and used, and they all have this. The one on our shop car is leaking a very minor small amount, and I've never seen one do this before. I have also diagnosed that the car needs a new accumulator as well.

Thanks,

K.

Funny you should ask this. I just replaced my pressure switch yesterday and both my original switch and the new one do NOT have a rubber plug over that hole.

I was wondering if they should have one but oh well......worked fine without :-)

It looked like there might be an electrical contact of some type in there???

I have (3) cars at the shop, and all have the plug. I just checked a brand new one here in stock at the dealership and it has the plug. And then Richard Clark sent me one the other day as part of a door prize and it has the plug.

But.... If yours isn't leaking w/o the plug, hhhmmmmm. Maybe that's telling me I need to replace this one on the car that is leaking.

K.

no
im telling you the silicon covers up the plug/screw adjustment
remove it all and you will see a tiny screw

no
im telling you the silicon covers up the plug/screw adjustment
remove it all and you will see a tiny screw

Replied to the onther thread as well...

Should I replace the switch since it's leaking fluid past the adjustment screw?

K.

that is a great question for Richard

i don't have the answer for that one

Back