You can type here any text you want

powermaster problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UDLOSE

took the car out last week driving fine then brake light comes on and pedal gets hard can barely stop. Get home 30 amp fuse is blown so i changed the fuse and put in new brake fluid and have brakes again take it out this morning and same thing happens.Put in a new fuse pump cycles for 7-10 seconds and shuts off. I am thinking the accumulator ball or the pressure switch how can i tell which one or am i way off looked at the diagnostic tree and this is what i came up with. thanks jim

took the car out last week driving fine then brake light comes on and pedal gets hard can barely stop. Get home 30 amp fuse is blown so i changed the fuse and put in new brake fluid and have brakes again take it out this morning and same thing happens.Put in a new fuse pump cycles for 7-10 seconds and shuts off. I am thinking the accumulator ball or the pressure switch how can i tell which one or am i way off looked at the diagnostic tree and this is what i came up with. thanks jim
Check the booster motor to the master cylinder. It could be burnt. New ones are hard to find unless you buy the whole master cylinder assembly.

it was the ball, had one in the parts pile changed it and they're fine. thanks jim

scary huh had the same thing happen in hawaii coming down the mountain. been through 2 balls since.

Here is a link for the diagnostic. Powermaster Diagnostics

I have the same problem you are haveing and it turn out to be the pressure switch. If you have a buddy with a know good switch, try his. PM member Zerus87gn, really know is way around the power master and will help you if he can.

Back