Powermaster question

gold69charger

I just bought and installed a remanufactured powermaster from Advance Auto. I bled the lines and everything seemed fine for about 2 miles,then the brake pedal got rock hard and the brake light came on. I thought that maybe there was some more air in the lines,so I bled them again and the pedal is still rock hard and the brake light is still on?:confused: Any suggestions on what could be happening?

did the fuse blow. you might be ebtter off just returning it for another 1. i know its a pain in the ass but probablly easier than troubleshhoting it. could be, brake switch, accummilator ball, motor.:mad: :D

I checked the fuse and it was fine,so I called Advance Auto and they ordered me a new one. I recieved it today and reinstalled it! So far so good, but the pedal still feels weak to me! I did notice that the front pads look alittle low, so I plan on replacing the pads and adjusting the rear shoes. Do you think that if I do that it might make the pedal feel better?

The front pads will make no difference in pedal feel

They will affect stopping power though. I replace my own, and recommend pad replacement at or before about 70% of pad wear. I feel that beyond that, they cannot absorb enough heat to be effective. The rear shoe adjustment, on the other hand, will affect pedal feel. Any play in your front wheel bearings or excessive lateral runout in your rotors will affect pedal feel too, even if it doesn't seem to have any pulsation. :cool:

POWERMASTER VS HYDROBOOST

THE POWERMASTER RUNS OFF IT'S OWN ELECTRIC PUMP. THIS PUMP PUMPS BRAKE FLUID WHICH HAS NO LUBRICATION BY NATURE. THE VANES IN THE PUMP ARE PHENOLIC AND WEAR FAST. THE PUMPS SO FAR HAVE NOT BEEN REBUILDABLE, AS THEY ARE SEALED. THE SWITCH ON THE POWERMASTER RUNS THE MOTOR UP UNTIL IT REACHES 2400 PSI TO CHARGE THE ACCUMULATOR. IF THE PUMP IS WORN, IT CANNOT REACH THE 2400 PSI TO SHUT OFF THE SWITCH, AND JUST KEEPS RUNNING. THE PUMP ALSO HAS A SEAL BETWEEN THE ELECTRIC SIDE AND THE PUMP SIDE. WHEN THAT SEAL WEARS OUT BRAKE FLUID ENTERS THE ELECTRIC SIDE AND SHORTS IT OUT, CAUSING THE FUSE TO BLOW. THIS WHY WE HAVE BEEN OFFERING THE HYDROBOOST AS AN ALTERNATIVE, AND VASTL;Y SUPERIOR SYSTEM. THE HYDROBOOST RUNS OFF THE POWER STEERING PUMP, AND REQUIRES NO VACUUM, AND NO ELECTRICITY. IT ALSO HAS AN ACCUMULATOR TO STORE PRESSURE FOR THREE STOPS WITH BOOST, AND THEN REVERTS TO STRAIGHT MANUAL. THESE UNITS CAN LAST FOR 200,000 MILES WITH CLEAN OIL, HAVE THE POWER TO RUN 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES AND CAN GENERATE 1400 TO 2000 PSI TO THE WHEELS, AND HAVE A COMFORTABLE PEDAL FEEL THAT EVEN A LADY CAN DRIVE A FAST AND POWERFUL CAR. THERE IS A PICTURE OF IT ON OUR WEBSITE POWERBRAKESERVICE.NET