powermaster question

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
quick question, how long do your guy's powermaster pump run when you turn off the car?? I don't know much aobut them but mine seems to run for a long peroid of time. i don't know if it is common or not any advise would be cool

Thanks

Andy

I hate to admit to my ignorance here, but on every '86-'87 turbo buick that I have owned ( 5 ) the fan comes on about 2 to 3 minutes after shutdown and remains on for about 2 to 4 minutes.
However, I have never heard of or observed the powermaster running after shutdown. Am I missing something here.

I know it is not my fan because my fan is wired to a switch it comes on when i want it to. as for the powermaster pump it cuns for as long as 15 minuites sometimes.

This is a very abnormal condition. I would say something is miswired if your PM runs with the key off.

well I was playin around with my car the other day and i found out that if my powermaster is running with the key off and i disconect the battery it shuts it off but when i hook the battery back up it stays off. If i had a mswiring problem then woulden't start running? Also sometimes it shuts off with the key. Is there some kind of selinoid or relay besides the pressure switch??? Also how do I check to see if my Pressure switch is good? I know it is alot of questions but i know this powermaster system at all

Thanks
Andy

If I pump my brakes a few times with the key off it will not run the pump until I put the key on.Did you follow the diagostic tree on gnttype.org? Not sure if it cover this situation though.It should'nt run not matter what with the key off.

i have had this happen to my car.it was the accumulator (the black ball on the side} when it go's bad it can't hold the pressure needed ..u need to change it.. if you don't u will burn out the brake motor .;)

I already did that and it did not help but i think i found the problem if it is running when I tap on the connection it shuts off I'm going to see if I can find a short there thanks guys