You can type here any text you want

Powermaster swap- now my brake lights are on

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JAMCAR223

Happy fathers day to all the dads out tbere!

So i figured this weekend would be a good time to tear the car down, and start a few upgrades. Jeep steering shaft, Blazer brake conversion, all new steering components, Spohn tubular control arms, and swap to vacuum brakes.

My question is...when i unplugged the powermaster, to remove it, my brake lights are staying on. I disconnected the ground cable from the battery, so it would not kill the battery i dont remember reading anything about this, when searching for info. on the swap. Any ideas? I know many have done this swap. Thanks!

James-

There is no electrical connection on the power master itself to the rear brake lights. It is most likely the brake switch located anove the brake pedal is not seated against it. You did switch to a vacuum brake pedal when you did the swap? You probably knocked the switch out of position. Just push it ALL the way against the pedal.

Bingo! Im not even home to check this, but of course thats what happened when i wrangled the pmaster off the studs...the brake switch is outta whack. Yes, i have the correct vacuum brake pedal, just havent finished the install. I would have realized, and fixed my issue, had i finished the job....Thanks!

Back