You can type here any text you want

Powermaster Unit (Rebuild)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wiseman

Hello Everyone,
i just wanted to share with the forum that NAPA Auto Parts is able to sent Power Master system out to get them rebuilt. I wanted to maintain my factory look and every place I called was either out of rebuilt units or was wanted way too much money ($700 etc)

NAPA was able to send mine off to Cardone for refurbishment. I just recieved it on Monday and it took exactly 4weeks for them to get it back to me. The total cost was $545 with taxes.

Attachments

• IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    517.1 KB · Views: 132
Looks like it's got a repainted motor. New accumulator and pressure switch. $545 is hard to swallow knowing how little is involved in repairing one of those. I'd hope part of that price is the warranty

The NAPA unit ones with a lifetime warranty included in the price. That was the reason why I was sold (lifetime warranty). No more individual part replacing for me. If one part goes bad, I get a new unit for absolutely FREE. The $545 is a lot of money but compared to the prices i see on other GN websites and ebay, I couldn't beat it. Plus, honestly, if I did order one from someone else (which was what i was doing but everyone was out of stock), they get their unit rebuilt at the same place and add a mark up price, with NO warranty. Cardone is the only place that rebuilds the powermaster units from what i have been told.

These are prices I found when trying to buy parts individulally:
Brake Switch - $100 - $130
Acc. Pressure Ball - ranged from $150 - $270
Motor - couldn't find part

I just got a complete rebuilt unit that has been tested and I didn't have to mess with b/c these units already have a bad rep, so i didn't want to put my hands on it to rebuild it.

I will post some pics later today for those interested in keeping their factory look.

Unless it's a 100 percent clear on the troubleshooting tree what the problem is -the rebuild is the way to go IMHO.
Kirban is about the same price after core is returned- and he may have ones on the shelf.

Unless it's a 100 percent clear on the troubleshooting tree what the problem is -the rebuild is the way to go IMHO.
Kirban is about the same price after core is returned- and he may have ones on the shelf.

I called kirban a couple weeks ago, and he said his units were about 14days out. I didn't ask, but i also didn't see any warranty info for the units. Since he was out and there was no warranty listed, I went with NAPA.

I bought mine from Auto Zone and after gettting approval from Cardone, AZ sent mine in to get rebuilt for free under warranty. I paid $245 for it several years ago and this is the second one I've sent back. AZ no longer participates under the rebuild program for brake parts so you need to call Darren Mohar at 901-759-9933. He is the Cardone rep. I've decided to go with hydroboost so when I get my power master back (4 weeks- ouch) I will put it up for sale for $400. Probably won't have the lifetime warranty anymore since the buyer won't be the original owner. I just saw a used one sell for $245 on Ebay. If anyone is interested let me know. Didn't mean to hijack this thread...just trying to share some info.

Back