You can type here any text you want

Powermaster with 4 wheel discs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Been through a couple different brake/booster set ups and finally settled on the 13"c5 fronts and 11" ls rears w/hydroboost.Stops fantastic but I have crappy pedal feel and the noisy ps pump syndrome.I also think it looks kinda cobbed up and out of place under the hood.Will the powermaster work w/this brake set up?Also,am I correct that the pedals are the same?

I have 12" front disk and 11" rear disks and my hydroboost works great! Have you bled all the air out of the hydroboost (power steering) system? FWIW, the hydroboost will do a much better of holding your car on the line with the rear disk brakes. Get the bugs out of your hydroboost and you will love it!
Conrad

Yeah I can hold 7-9lbs on the brake but rock hard pedal and noisy ps pump are a pain.Could live w/the pedal but the pump,no.My mech. says other than cranking it lock to lock theres not much you can do to bleed it.Any tips appreciated.

Make sure there are no leaks in the plumbing. Tighten all the fittings and inspect for leaks. Is your power steering pump in good condition? If doubtful, replace it with a new, know good, unit. Turning the wheel slowly from lock-to-lock is the only way to bleed the system. Do it a lot and have someone look in the PS reservoir for air bubbles. It does take a while to remove the bubbles once you open up the system. Let us know how it goes. The hydroboost is a great system. Don't give up on it.
Conrad

I've got the Baer 12" up front and their rear setup also in the GN with the Powermaster.

It works just fine.

You can even stop when the fuse blows on you in the middle of the winter. :cool:

I wouldn't bother installing that system however unless you have a bunch of new pump/motor, switch, accumulator etc. parts to start with.

Switched to vaccum set up after the PM was failing.It would give me a rock hard pedal for a day then be ok for a while.Back and forth with that so I switched.Did a ton of work to the car and the vac set up wouldn't work so went with the hydro boost.Cap off,engine running,turned lock to lock prob 50 times and just get hella noise.Fresh fluid helps a little but not for very long.Wouldn't think the pump is bad it was fine before swap.

Back