(Pre-Order) 1/10th RC Grand National Bodies

85supreme

I figured I'd post this here since I'm sure there are probably a few people on here that are looking for a Grand National body for their RC cars so they can finally have a 1/10th scale replica of their car. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was looking for one for a while and now they are finally making them.

On sale for pre-order now from honocircuit. $69.99 shipped and a limited run of 150.
http://honocircuit.bigcartel.com/product/buick-grand-national

Untitled.png

18120117_10208793675300167_711821709_o.jpg

Yeah. You can buy them ready to run electric or gas. HPI racing is pretty good quality if you just want something to play around with but some brands can get expensive quickly.

Yeah. You can buy them ready to run electric or gas. HPI racing is pretty good quality if you just want something to play around with but some brands can get expensive quickly.
Are you connected to the company producing the body? Or did you just find it from a random google search? I went to a local hobby shop and they said to pick a chassis you would need to know the type of chassis that would fit. They said there are four types....Stadium truck, short course truck, Buggy, and Truggy. Can you post a link to one from amazon or ebay that would work with the GN body? Thanks!

Man, that's cool....really like that idea of a GN body. Wish I had a RC car, but have enough trouble with the real ones!

Too bad a model in that size is not in production....I'd buy one in a heartbeat if there was.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Are you connected to the company producing the body? Or did you just find it from a random google search? I went to a local hobby shop and they said to pick a chassis you would need to know the type of chassis that would fit. They said there are four types....Stadium truck, short course truck, Buggy, and Truggy. Can you post a link to one from amazon or ebay that would work with the GN body? Thanks!

Hey Rick,

I'm not affiliated with that company at all. Just found it online, bought one and figured I would share it here since this might be the only opportunity for people to get one.

You should be looking at a 1/10th scale on-road car chassis, not anything off road.

This is just an example of what would work https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/109299

But there's a lot of options and brands out there.

Hey Rick,

I'm not affiliated with that company at all. Just found it online, bought one and figured I would share it here since this might be the only opportunity for people to get one.

You should be looking at a 1/10th scale on-road car chassis, not anything off road.

This is just an example of what would work https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/109299

But there's a lot of options and brands out there.
Thanks for the link. I would think a gn body would need a nitro powered motor. If they made one that leaked oil, even better! I found this one on ebay. It's nitro, 1:10 scale, and on road. What do you think?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Kyosho-1-10-s...-ReadySet-RTR-33202B-/252203606700?nav=SEARCH

Into is nice but with the new brushless electronics and lipo batteries. It's a better choice for me I can play at night while every one is sleeping without waking the whole neighborhood up.and run times are a lot longer then they use to be .also you can get up 100mph on batteries.

Last edited:
I agree. I have both an electric and a nitro 1/10 car from HPI. The nitro gives me so much trouble I don't even use it anymore. Plus nitro cars usually require you to cut a huge hole in the body to keep the engine from getting too hot. I would go with electric just because it's so much easier and all you have to do is charge up some batteries. The brushless electric ones are crazy fast as well.

I agree. I have both an electric and a nitro 1/10 car from HPI. The nitro gives me so much trouble I don't even use it anymore. Plus nitro cars usually require you to cut a huge hole in the body to keep the engine from getting too hot. I would go with electric just because it's so much easier and all you have to do is charge up some batteries. The brushless electric ones are crazy fast as well.
Sounds like the nitro is perfect for the gn...but seriously I don't need anymore motors to have to mess with. I just bought a gas powered Toro mower but I seriously considered an electric or battery powered mower. The Toro has push button start and is self propelled.

I have an older 1/10 HPI Sprint 2 electric I used to race. Had a nitro Traxxas Revo but got too expensive to race. Was going to put the Sprint up for sale, but this may give me an excuse to upgrade it. I wonder what decals come with the body. I've painted a few and if you have to start painting on trim and what not it gets very tedious.

This as awesome, have been waiting years for someone to do this. I big into RC monster trucks and don't actually own an on-road car, but definitely will now. Hopefully they will include window masks & a decal sheet. Doing all of the details with paint could get tedious...

This is the actual company that will be making them - http://aplastics-rc.com/ The body should be about $40.00 if you buy direct from them when available.

Ordered my GN body last week, should have it tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I have it painted and mounted.

Ordered my GN body last week, should have it tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I have it painted and mounted.
Did I miss what you said you were going to be mounting it on ? I have all Traxxas products , but they are all off road vehicles , would have to get an on road car for that body I presume .

Did I miss what you said you were going to be mounting it on ? I have all Traxxas products , but they are all off road vehicles , would have to get an on road car for that body I presume .

I had all off road RCs as well, bought my first on-road car specifically for this body. I went with a Vaterra V100 and it seems pretty decent. Pretty much any touring car will work as they are all the standard 260mm wheelbase. I considered the Associated TC4, Tamiya TT-02R, and even the new Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 which looks like an awesome car, but after seeing it in person its actually a bit wide for the GN body. I would stick with a 190mm width touring car and use offset wheels to get a nice stance. With the Traxxas (or any 200mm car) you might have some tires sticking out of the wheel wells which is not what I was going for.

I have the body painted, just have to do some cutting on the light housings and add LED headlights/tail lights. I'll post up some finished pictured this weekend. I even got some black wheels with a polished lip for the GNX look.