Pre-Start Oil Lube?

Paul Clark

Does it make sense to have the car floored for a bit at start-up to allow the oil to circulate?
Thanks

No. If you are talking about starting a new motor, it should be prelubed. if you are talking about just regular starting just let it do its thing. The last thing you'd want is excessive RPM if the oil isn't totally ciculated yet. Let it do its thing in other words. JMO

Squid

When starting the engine, if you floor the gas pedal, the ECM goes into the 'clear flood' mode and the fuel to the motor is shut off. I seem to remember checking this feature out and found out that the fuel will be reinstated if you press the gas pedal to far. It seems that this feature worked best at something like 3/4 throttle. If you want to prime the engine a little before starting, just disconnect that famous orange wire by the battery to be safe.

Wayne

Yeh. That's what I was meaning.
My car has never started with the pedal floored. Thought that would be a good way to get the oil going.
Certainly didn't mean to suggested flooring a cold engine in Park.

I have a ME. The first start of everyday begins by putting it to position zero, and cranking it till I have an oil pressure reading. Then I turn off the ignition and change position and start normally. Should help with some of the FWT.